Wednesday, July 8, 2020

A Secret Hodgepodge


Welcome to another Wednesday Hodgepodge.


Do princesses have secrets?

1. The Hodgepodge lands this year on National Secret Keeping Day...on
a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being I'm a blabbermouth and 10 being I'm a vault)
how good are you at keeping secrets?

I'm probably an 8 or 9 because sometimes what someone considers
a secret really isn't and needs to be shared for resolution purposes.

I read here nine jobs for people who can keep a secret-cybersecurity
worker, executive assistant, housekeeper, lawyer, nuclear plant
technician, physician, private investigator, psychologist, security guard
of the jobs listed, which one most interests you and why?

I was an executive assistant for several years and yes, there were
things I learned, heard and/or knew about that needed to remain in
the office.  Other times, there might be an issue, had I not confronted
or dealt with the matter, it would have gotten completely out of hand.  I learned that what one person considers a secret may really just be hiding a truth that doesn't need to kept hidden but brought out and resolved without causing one unnecessary embarrassment or harm.

2. What's the secret of life (or one of them anyway)?

Love the Lord God with all your heart, mind and soul, and others as you would yourself

3. Off the record, best-kept secret, a fly on the wall, top secret, my lips are sealed, secret shopper, as quiet as a mouse, poker face, spill the beans, open secret, bite your tongue...which secret idiom can you best relate to right now? Explain.

"My lips are sealed" relates to an incident today when it was decided by a friend and myself that it was best to not disclose something of which we were both aware to another person.  It would have done no good to bring up the matter and therefore it is still our secret.

4. Spill here the secret ingredient in one of your favorite recipes?

I'm not that much a cook and don't do a lot of experimenting, therefore have no secret ingredients.

5. My mama celebrates a big birthday tomorrow (Wednesday).  Share a favorite quote, song lyric, saying, or verse of scripture that will add some sunshine to her day (ours too!)

From John 15:16
"You didn't choose me, I chose you.  I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name."

There is no doubt of the legacy your sweet mother has passed down to three generations because she was chosen and blessed to produce such beautiful fruit.

Happy Birthday to your mama!

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

What could be sweeter than this little doll from a few years ago?  Could she be hiding a secret behind those mischievous brown eyes and adorable smile?  We may never know. 


Thank you Ava Grace for bringing so much joy.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

10 comments:

  1. Great secret of life answer. Ava Grace...beautiful. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little princess is such a doll, sweet little secrets and all. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little princess is so adorable! And a beautiful young lady! I love what you shared for Joyce's mom! So true! The legacy ... and you have quite the legacy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect secret of life answer. Loved the princess photo!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful princess -- then and now! I, too, worked as an Executive Assistant for many years ... and really appreciated your take on confidentiality issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great secret to life! If we would all do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know there was a National Secret Keeping Day. I am probably an 8 or 9 too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your answer to the secret of life...mine was along those same lines. Pretty as a princess : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good answer on secrets. Love your secret to life. You have me wondering about those sealed lips and what you know!! Love the photos. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.