Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Hodgepodge On the Sweet Side


Thank you Joyce for these "sweet" questions this week.

Join us on Joyce's blog post, From This Side of the Pond to see how others answered.


1. The sweetness of summer...where have you found it recently? If you're in the Southern hemisphere, feel free to tell us about the sweetness you're finding in winter.

For the past two days, I found the sweetness of being with sisters.  The sweetness in summer has been the deliciously sweet watermelons we have eaten in abundance.  It has also been in being able to walk by myself early in the mornings, then splash around the pool with other neighborhood ladies for water aerobics.  There is just something sweet about both family and routine.

2. Take your sweet time, sweet tooth, home sweet home, short but sweet, the sweet smell of success, sweet talk...choose a sweet idiom and tell us how it fits your life currently?




No matter where I go or how much I enjoy being there, there is still nothing like being at home.


3. Sweet as honey, sweet as sugar, or sweet as pie, which phrase do you use when a sweet phrase is called for? What's the last sweet treat you indulged in?


The phrase I would be most likely to use is "sweet as honey."


Dick tried this new cookie recipe for me to bring to share with my sisters.  I had some with watermelon following a big bowl of my sister's delicious home-made soup and cornbread.  Yes, we eat well.

4. First thing that comes to mind when you hear the word fidget?


What I do every single night in bed.  In fact, I am working on this blog post at 12:47 a.m. because I was unable to sleep due to my fidgeting legs.  Two nights in a row of fidgeting, does not a good nights sleep make.

5. Share with us one of your favorite childhood travel memories.


About the only traveling we did as a family was to drive to visit family within the state.  We did however, take an overnight trip up into Arkansas once.  We had a wonderful time, but one night was about all my daddy could take or afford.  The thing about traveling back in the 50's was there were no "convenience" stopping places along the route.  So, when one of us had to use the bathroom, it meant stopping on the side of the road and going into the woods and squatting.  I remember keeping a collection of pretty leaves and rocks from these stops one year.  Unused ones of course.  LOL

6. Insert your own random thought here.



I have put my two oldest granddaughters (shown above with their beautiful mother) in charge of doing a Charcuterie board for Dick's late August birthday party.  They love to entertain and have great ideas for food presentation.  I cannot wait to see what these creative and industrious gals come up with.  I think they are as excited to see it as I am.



Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. Since I am a sweet tooth person, I am going to try the cookie recipe and it sounds so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have been enjoying time with your sisters. That cookie recipe looks delicious! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you’re enjoying your summer! Those cookies sound good and easy whixh might be dangerous : ) There’s an account I follow on Instagram that is all boards. The woman who puts them together is so creative and she usually breaks it down item by item. Her name there is @ainttooproudtomeg. Your girls might like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I can sure relate with having to go potty in the woods ... good times! :) That cookie recipe sounds so good; I'll definitely be making it, once the weather cools and I dare turn on the oven. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweetness of summer sounds perfect! Yum on the cookies and the watermelon. Sorry about your legs :( I was just thinking about your answer of stopping on the side of the road to pee. I'm thinking that that "today" is probably the safest way to go if you travel. We want to go to Montana but I keep thinking about stopping at rest areas. Not sure I want to. I love the photo of your granddaughter's with their mother. How awesome it is that they will plan the party.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.