Wednesday, July 22, 2020

A Trippin' Hodgepodge



It is Wednesday so we are joining with Joyce on her blog,
for this week's Hodgepodge questions.


1.  Do you think the pandemic has had any kind of positive impact on your mental health? Explain.

To some extent I think it has.  I have always been perfectly content to be in my house all day long.  I do neither crave nor desire a lot of human interaction.  This time of "forced" isolation has certainly not had a negative impact in any way.  I have learned that I can live with less trips to the grocery store, fewer new clothes and selective fellowship.  This time has allowed me to create new routines and provided opportunities to be more creative.  All in all, I'm not complaining.

2. A hot mess, hot under the collar, in hot water, hot button, hot diggity dog!, hot shot, hot seat....choose one and tell us how it applies to your life currently.

The only option that remotely applies would be "in hot water," and that would be literally. I love a long hot soaking, detox bath once or twice a week.

3. Speaking of the hot seat, do you work well under pressure or do you actively avoid high pressure situations?

I have always worked well under pressure.  My job required it, and since being retired, I find myself waiting until I'm under pressure to get some tasks done. 

4. Hotdogs-yay or nay? If you said yay how do you like yours? Did you know July is National hotdog month? 

The only time I would have given a YAY on a hotdog was when I was pregnant with our first child.  It was the craziest thing.  I had never liked them until then, and I could not get enough for a few weeks.  Since then it is a big NAY!

5. I read here a list of America's coolest Southern towns. They are Marfa Texas, Greenville South Carolina, Abindgon Virginia, Athens Georgia, Bentonville Arkansas, Florence Alabama, Oxford Mississippi, Abita Springs Louisiana, Wilmington North Carolina, Monroeville Alabama, McMinnville Tennessee, Natchez Mississippi.  How many on the list have you seen in person? Which town on the list would you most like to see?


I have been to the following small towns on the list:
Greenville, SC, Athens Georgia,  Oxford MS, Abita Springs, LA, and Natchez MS.  Bentonville, AR was the last place on the list that we have visited.  It is such a fun and interesting place to visit.


Downtown Bentonville


Crystal Bridges is a must see when visiting Bentonville


I think I would most like to visit Abindgon, VA in the fall.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.



Tomorrow we will be traveling down to Baton Rouge to spend a couple nights with friends.  Another couple will also be joining us.  We call ourselves "The Three" because that is what the widow of the 4th couple started calling us after Nancy's death a few months ago.

We plan to eat well because Vicki is a wonderful cook and because we will be going to Middendorf's at Manchac, on Lake Pontchartrain for lunch on Friday. The rest of our time will be spent playing games and talking non-stop.

We are so grateful for these special friendships that go back to the 70's.

And next week, I get to baby sit grand dog Sophie again while her family vacations.  Good days ahead for the Days.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Abingdon, Va. is such a cute historic town and very close to me. Friendships are so special. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m a little bit like you when it comes to pressure. I think we sometimes try to remove every bit of stress and pressure from a task, but I need some to get things done. Enjoy your time with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed at your answer to #3 because that is me too! I hope you have a safe trip and a great time in Baton Rouge. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fall sounds like a nice time to travel. Hope the weather cools for your little getaway with friends. Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends just recently babysat their "grand dogs". They don't have any grandCHILDREN yet. Have a wonderful trip! My best friend and I were discussing doing a socially distanced backyard visit soon. We have a weekly prayer date via Zoom, but haven't seen each other since New Year's Eve!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  6. #3 made me giggle. Now that I'm retired, one might presume I keep our home spic and span -- ... ha. But let someone call to say they're coming over and watch my imitation of a human tornado. Wishing you safe travels and lots of laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a nice answer for #1. Good for you with a bath. I can't remember the last time I took a bath and we have one with jets. Pressure is always needed for me to get my tasks done! How wonderful that you have visited those places. Have a nice, safe trip and enjoy the Sophie next week.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.