Sunday, July 5, 2020

Nothing Boring About White on White


I do trust you had a wonderful, restful, fun, patriotic, or simply fill-in-the-blank
Independence Day weekend.

Ours was all of the above with lazy thrown into the blank.

 My July 4th day began with cooler than normal temperatures, and a feeling of great gratitude for a country of the free and the brave.

Early Saturday I began with an early 3 mile walk which was so enjoyable.  Let me show you why.

I decided to get off the neighborhood walking path that I usually trek, and go into an adjoining neighborhood.


This beautiful colonial style home dressed in flags and bunting caught my eye.


On another street was this lovely columned home.  I want you to notice the brick walled off side garden of this home which is characteristic of most of the homes in this exclusive neighborhood.
 What was so interesting about this house was how bedecked it was for the holiday weekend.


This lovely home is for sale.  The combination of white and brick is stunning.  I love the glass front doors.


As it is empty, I ventured into the side courtyard.  Is this not a lovely spot?


On one of the little cul-de-sacs, I found this pretty "cottage."  It really is a lovely, rather small house for the neighborhood, but I love it.  The brick is painted a brilliant white.  There is nothing boring about white-on-white on this house for sure.

Unintentionally, I carried out the white-on-white theme on Sunday.


I wore these white Jag jeans with a gauze top.


The beauty of wearing white-on-white, is you can be as versatile as you wish with accessories and especially shoes.  I chose my comfortable silver and black slip on Stevens by Steve Madden.


My jewelry was a simple gold choker and gold loop earrings.


My top is a Doe & Rae that I found in the neatest little shop while visiting South Haven, Michigan last June with our Indiana family.  It is 100% Cotton and is really better suited for cooler temperatures.  But, I like it and think it is perfect for combining a great white-on-white outfit.

What about you, do you do much white-on-white?

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful patriotic home that first one was. I would love the yard of the home that is for sale, but it is too fancy a place for our farm life. LOL! I love your outfit, but it looks too hot for here as it has been near 100 degrees here for a few days and will remain that way for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed walking with you and seeing the beautiful homes, especially the one all decorated for the 4th! You are rocking the white outfit, so pretty! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful homes. I love the white on white and you look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at beautiful homes, what a nice walk you had. I don't do white on white , but I do like to do natural or ivory on white, maybe mix in some light tan or burlap when I decorate or craft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous homes and I love your outfit! I love white on white. Have a great Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.