Happy 2nd Day of October!
We have changed hands once again for the Wednesday Medley. Terri's health issues weren't allowing her to keep up with the weekly demands.
Our fellow Medler, Katsumi from Chicago will be taking over, so we welcome her and thank her for doing this.
Join us on her blog Wednesday Medley to see all the other's answers this week.
1. The first week of October is National Mystery Series Week. Do you sleuth alongside Nancy Drew or Miss Marple? Fan of Nero Wolfe?
I grew up on Nancy Drew and for several years read a lot of Miss Marple. I have never been a fan of Nero Wolfe. I am however a devoted fan of David Baldacci, Steve Martini, Mary Jane Clark, Lee Child, and other writers of suspense novels.
2. The first week of October is also National Chili Week. Do you plan on celebrating with a bowl of red? Have a top secret recipe to share?
I think that may be exactly what I prepare for the weekend even though I wasn't aware of its national day. I do have a favorite recipe, but I don't always follow it.
3. October 2nd is National Name Your Car Day. Does your car or did a family car have a name?
Nope, never named a vehicle.
4. Today is also National Walk To School Day. Did you walk to school with your friends? Take a school bus? Ever have someone carry your books home from school?
With the exception of a couple years when we lived too far away to walk, and we either rode the bus or Daddy took us because we were always running late, I walked to and from school. This doesn't mean Dad didn't still have to rush us to the front door just before or after the bell rang. After all, we were girls and looking good was paramount.
5. And it is National Pumpkin Seed Day. Do you like pumpkin seeds? Do you carve the pumpkin and roast the seeds? Do you buy packaged, prepared pumpkin seeds? Or more of a pumpkin spice person?
I am not much of a pumpkin fan. Of all the options, I would am most likely to be a pumpkin spice person.
It has been and promises to be a rather quiet week at my house.
Off and on all Monday was spent preparing to teach a Bible Study for Sunday. Although I have it pretty much together, that will be an on-going thing all week.
Tuesday, Dick took me to see "Downton Abby" in the afternoon and that evening we picked up friends and attended a college alumni meeting. The three of them graduated together and I'm the outsider.
The remainder of the week, after our morning work-out regime, will be whatever we decide to make it, with nothing on the calendar right now.
"(May you be) rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."