Thursday, October 17, 2019

The Days October Travels - The Wedding


1st Things First!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AVA GRACE, Granddaughter #6!


Last week we had a big event in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Source
Our granddaughter, Emily married her dreamboat David at a lovely venue in Springdale known as the Barn at the Springs.

Source
 Emily's wish was to have an outdoor wedding and this venue offered the perfect setting.  However, with the prediction of below freezing temps at the time of the wedding, she was convinced to move the ceremony inside.

Source
However, this bride was not to be deterred.  Thirty minutes before she was to walk down the aisle, she said "Move the chairs; we're going outside!"

So outside we went and it was perfect.  The guests were snug under provided blankets, the attendants shivered and the bride and groom glowed.  Yes, it was Emily's perfect wedding!

I don't have any of the professionally taken pictures so can't show you anything other than iphone pics, but they will tell the tale of what a great evening we all had.


These beautiful sisters attended their sister bride in amazing fashion.




Of course the highlight of the weekend for this mom was having her two children with her.  John and Michelle drove down from Northern Indiana for the ceremony.  It was a quick turn-around trip for them, but what a blessing it was to all be together.  And that's what families do!


Christy, the Step-mother of the bride was truly radiant and I can't wait for you to see the professional pictures of her dress without the coat.



The 3 Day gals!


My barefoot beauties!


 A happy Momma with her beautiful daughters.


The happy couple!



This is one of my favorites.  The adoring Daddy and sparkling bride.


Congratulations David and Emily!

Following are links to subsequent blog posts following the wedding:



Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding!! I LOVE the headpieces!!!! Stunning bride!!!Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ava is so beautiful. Hope she had a lovely birthday!
    Congratulations to Emily and David. Nothing better than having your children together at the same time. We now have Amber and Dylan here and we were with Adam, Gabby and James last night. We have a few more visit like that over the next 10 days. What a beautiful setting. The wedding looks so beautiful and I wish them all the best. I'm so glad you were able to celebrate with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful wedding. I know she was glad she moved it outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful wedding. I love the green dresses.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.