Saturday, October 5, 2019

Saturday 9: A Bit of Judy & M-E


It's Saturday, so that means it's time to join in with Samantha
for





(Dear Mr. Gable) You Made Me Love You (1938)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

 

Image result for young judy garland with clark gable

1) This version of "You Made Me Love You" is the teenaged Judy Garland's fan letter to Clark Gable. Tell us about one of your teen crushes.



For the most part, all of my teen crushes were nice guys.  My first crush remained one of my dearest friends until his death a few years ago.   My high school crush and senior boyfriend, was a good friend and part of our hang-out-together group. My main late teen and college crush became my fiance' but unfortunately was killed in an automobile accident a few months before our wedding.  But, my forever crush is now my husband of 54 years.  He was and will always be God's special gift to me.

2) Garland sang this to Gable at a birthday party thrown for him at MGM. Who is the last person you sang "Happy Birthday" to?



We sang Happy Birthday to our son-in-law on Sept. 18.  But, we will sing to our Granddaughter #5, Mary-Elizabeth today!


HAPPY 19TH, MARY-BETH!
WE LOVE YOU!



3) Thinking of birthdays ... Judy received an engagement ring from the man who would be her first husband, David Rose, for her 18th birthday. Are you wearing a ring, or any jewelry, as you answer these 9 questions?



I am wearing my wedding ring and that is the only jewelry I happen to have put on this morning.  I had a massage earlier and jewelry was not required.

4) It's said Judy's favorite dish was steak and kidney pie. If you could have anything at all for dinner tonight, what would you choose?



I love an occasional filet mignon but that won't be on the menu tonight.

5) Judy was ambidextrous, writing with her left hand but playing tennis with her right. Are you equally comfortable using your right and left hands?


No, not equally, but I do use my left hand for some things.  I am using it more since I'm having so much pain with the right thumb joint.  Since I will be having surgery on that in a couple weeks, I will be left-hand dominant for a while.

6) To relax between takes of her most famous movie, The Wizard of Oz, Judy read comics in the newspaper. Do you still read a printed newspaper?


No, we do get the printed paper any longer.

7) She could also knit. Judy was known to make blankets and caps for the children of crew members on her films. Do you knit?



No, I have never learned to knit.  It was just something I was never interested in doing.

8) In 1938, when this record was popular, the March of Dimes was founded. Do you have any dimes in your wallet (or pocket) right now?



I'm sure there are some in the coin section of my small purse.

9) Random question: Catsup puddle next to your fries, or a drizzle of catsup on your fries?



Drizzle on the fries!

Image result for image catsup drizzled on fries


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. #4 -- Like you, I'd like a steak. And, like you, I'm not likely to have one for dinner tonight.

    #9 -- So far, you're our first drizzler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Filet mignon.. yum! Been a while since I had that. I hope your surgery goes well and you get relief with your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Mary-Beth!!! I hope your surgery goes well. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem with knitting is that I'm left handed and nobody can help me figure out how to do whatever I'm trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, now I'm thinking filet mignon sounds good. I haven't had that since the last time I had the steak and lobster pot special at a local restaurant. I wonder if it's still on the menu?

    Happy birthday to your granddaughter! She is lovely and how nice that she has your name as her middle name.

    I think you might be the first drizzler!

    Have a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.