Sunday, August 4, 2019

In's & Out's and Focuses


First, a bit of housekeeping for bloggers I follow who happen to also read my blog.


If you haven't converted your URL into "SAFE" mode according to Google's standards and requirements, please do so.  It is only a matter of changing your http to a https.  This makes your site safe and trustworthy for not only you but all your readers as well.

Please be nice to your followers and make yours a secure site.  Thank you!

If you need help, I got the following quote of a quote from a blogger I trust and who offers tons of helps and suggestions: Bluesky at Home

If you are one of those holdouts who has not updated your site to https, here’s an article that hopefully will push you to comply: Why HPPTS Matters. It’s straight from the horse’s Google’s mouth. 
FLASHING WARNING: Jeff said that you should not embed photos from a website that is not secure and NEVER EVER leave a CC# or personal information if it is not secure.
So check yours now to make sure is doesn't say "Not Secure" or only has "http" in the address.


Now, fun stuff!



Our local amazing R.W. Norton Art Gallery (no link because it isn't secure and I won't do that to you) hosts "Twilight Talkies" events on the first Friday of each month from April through October.

To be honest, I just learned of this and thought it would be fun to do.  And it was!

Saturday night's "Talkie" was Grease.  We invited friends to meet us there along with folding chairs and cans of bug spray.  (I'll tell you something about that later.)

There were several food trucks and I had my first hot dog in years.  Also long-time friends from another town were there with their Kettle Corn.  Delicious!  Next month's show will be "The Greatest Showman" so we already have a date night planned. 


We got there early so we could walk the beautiful gardens for a minute.






Now, that matter of bug spray.

Several months ago I ordered a bottle of "Bug Away" from Rocky Mountain Essential Oils.  All of their oils are great by the way and all I use.  Mosquitoes are terrible here and I get huge itchy welps from every bite. 

Bug Away Neat Bottle

So before going out to the Talkies, I literally bathed in the oil by adding several drops to Epson Salts and putting it in my bath water.  Afterward I coated any to-be-exposed body parts with fractionated oil and again a couple drops of the "Bug Off."  I did not even hear a buzz the whole night, much less a bite.  So folks, it works!


Through My Lens

Saturday morning, Dick and I ate breakfast on the back porch and these are scenes my camera captured of life from our porch.






They were taken through the screen thus the filter affect.

Hoping you enjoy your day as you contemplate and enjoy God's wonderful world where you are.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the http/https tip! (Had to double check, but I'm good.) Your "Twilight Talkies" sound like great fun … but it's far too hot here to coax me out. I am intrigued, however, by the essential oil. One of our Bible study gals is a distributed for 'Young Living' (essential oils), but they're pretty pricy. 'Going over to the RMO site today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thankfully my blog has always been https. Goodness, all this stuff drives me crazy. What a fun outing and another to look forward to. I use the "bug oil" from Doterra, but will probably try Eden's Garden next time as they are so much less expensive. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your date sounds like so much fun and so glad you weren't "bugged". My blog is secure, I don't remember doing anything, but it's all good.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.