Thursday, August 29, 2019

Four Somethings for August 2019

Are you ready to say "Goodbye" to August?

Because August is known to be the hottest month in the south, I can gleefully exclaim, "YEA, August is almost over!"

On the other hand, August has held some mighty fun days for us as well.  Included in the month was getting to spend two weekends in a row with our Dallas family, seeing Ava Grace perform, being part of a delightful bridal shower that Cassidy planned for her sister, and watching Emily so happy in anticipation of her upcoming wedding.

Yes, in many respects this hot month held some fun hot days but I must be honest when I say, good riddance to August and hello to September.

To wrap up this month, I will share Four Somethings that have had meaning this month. 


August 2019 Share Four Somethings

Sharing Four Somethings

Something Loved

As I've already said, I loved being with my kiddos so much, but we shared something with several couple friends on Tuesday that has had an impact on me.

Image Credit: Overcomer

This movie was such a moving story and so well done.  I have thought about what it meant to me and I'd like to share a couple things.

First of all, it shows redemption and forgiveness, not only in relationships between people but redemption and forgiveness that only a loving God can provide.  This is the Gospel that this movie so clearly presents.

Second was the beautiful picture of racial relationships that are only possible in Christ.  This movie showed strong black people interacting with strong white people in a loving and natural way.  This is what our community should truly look like and I know in so many instances it does.  But, it''s not what the world wants to see or project.  It is expedient that we, the children of God demonstrate this to others.

I love that the Kendrick Brothers are dedicated to consistently presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a dying world in such an entertaining method.  Thank you.

I also love that God is blessing these films with success over and above what was expected.  The Hollywood film makers are seeing what God touches, He blesses.

Something Said

In the movie, the audience is forced to consider the question asked over and over,

"Who are you and whose are you?"

Our own personal identity relies on how we answer these two questions.

How do you answer them?

Something Learned

In the past week I have learned some pretty good news.

The words that come from a doctor's mouth following tests and exams can make or break one's day and even own's future.  At our age, we take nothing for granted health wise.

That's why it was great to learn after a colonoscopy that the results couldn't have been better.  It was a bit disconcerting though when he said, "I'll see you again in five years."  Doesn't sound so bad, does it?  Only I realized when I return, I will be almost 80 years old.  Geezzz!

Then this week, after an eye exam by a new Ophthalmologist, to hear that nothing has changed visually in the two years since my last exam.  I learned that there is no change with the very minor cataracts, no macular and no change in vision.

Don't you just love to learn good, new, reassuring things about your health?  Thank you God!

Something Read



This was an interesting and somewhat intriguing book about sisters.  More than that it was about family and trust and forgiveness.  It is a sad story in many ways and yet there is victory when the past is dealt with.

The story kept unfolding and pealing away the past all throughout the book and its not until the end that it all comes together.

If you like somewhat light stories with a bit of intrigue, you might also enjoy "When We Believed in Mermaids."

And that is a capsule of my August 2019!

I love joining
Heather Gerwing and Laurie and thank Heather for the idea of sharing compelling topics of our month past.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your positive (um, make that negative) test results! Know what I mean?
    Our Bible study just finished Priscilla Shirer's Armor of God video series. I'm so taken by her, I really hope to see this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to read you got good news from your doctor! It is always a little bit unsettling, waiting for test results. I have been looking at "When We Believed in Mermaids", wondering if I should buy it. I think I will give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome "somethings." And, indeed we LOVE and are so thankful for good health reports, especially my eyes. I want to see this movie, maybe Gerri and I can go together. Have a wonderful Lord's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Christian based films are becoming a big thing in theaters. I will watch Overcomer when it comes out on DVD. I think it'll be a good movie but I don't like to cry like a baby in front of total strangers so I'll watch it when I have a box of Kleenex with me.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.