Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Wednesday Medley: Flying High



There is something special about this handsome Dad tomorrow!  Keep reading!



It is our day to join Terri for the
Wednesday Medley where she asks questions based on each Wednesday's national day.

Join us HERE for Terri's blog and links to all the other Medlers.


National Ride the Wind Day!

National Ride the Wind Day August 23

1.  Tell us about the first airplane ride you took and do you like to fly?

My first flight was in 1972 when we flew from Monroe, LA to St Louis then to NYC on the first leg of our trip to Israel.  Once up, I love to fly and look out the window, but the initial take-off makes me grab onto Dick's hand and hold tight every time.
2.  Have you ever gone hang gliding and was it on the beach with boat power, or from a mountain with only the wind and your body?

No, never.
3.  Have you ever gone kite flying and with whom?

Many years ago we tried to fly kites with the kids, but weren't extremely successful.
4.  Experimental aircraft is quite popular as a hobby where Terri lives.  Have you or anyone you know ever constructed a flying machine and did you ride in it?

Nope!
5.  Another big hobby around Lakeland is Radio Controlled Airplanes.  Have you ever seen them flying or tried your hand at it?

I have not, but one of my nephews used to have several RCA's that he enjoyed.
6.  Please tell us something about your week.


The most important thing about my week is celebrating our son's 50th birthday TOMORROW!


We live too far apart to celebrate it together, but we will be grateful for him all day long.


John was our firstborn and such a blessing.  He was not only a beautiful baby, but healthy and strong and brought us so much joy.

He still does!


It's hard to believe that it's been 50 years, but we wouldn't change one single thing about these years with you, John.  Your mom and dad love you so very much.



Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

10 comments:

  1. Happy 50th to your son! Love all your photos!! Have a great Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has his mama's eyes. :) Happy 50th Birthday to your John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday John! I love all of your photos, beautiful family! My first plane trip was 1970 to New York City, I was sixteen. I am like you, the takeoff and the landing always make me a little stressed. Have a wonderful day Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh - Happy Birthday to your 'baby"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your son, John! (Diddle diddle dumpling)! Your photos are all so good and I really enjoy seeing the ones of you when you were younger. You just seem to remain young and beautiful and it is probably hard for you to believe your baby is 50! My goodness. Funny, but I really enjoy the take-off on the plane. It is very exciting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday blessings to John! That last photo is amazing … canvas worthy, even!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday John and remember that your parents always love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww... Happy birthday to your baby boy! The time does fly, doesn't it. Thanks for joining the Medley today! I'm with you on hang-gliding!! Nope, nope, and nope!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday John! The current picture of you, your son and husband is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.