Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Wednesday Medley: Lighthouses & Matilda


Since it's Wednesday, it must be time for the Medley.
Terri asks the questions based on a National Day and we provide our answers.

Join us at Your Friend From Florida for all the other Meddlers.





NATIONAL LIGHTHOUSE DAY – August 7

  
National Lighthouse Day - August 7


1.  Let's start with a number! How many lighthouses have you visited?
I think I have actually visited only three lighthouses.  I've seen others from a distance.


St. Simon Lighthouse on St Simon Island, Georgia


Lighthouse on Lake Michigan at South Haven

  

Mackinac Point Light, Mackinaw City, Michigan


2.  Have you been inside a lighthouse and did you walk to the top?
We went inside the lighthouse in Mackinaw City and climbed to the very top as these pictures testify.


Looking east toward Lake Huron


From the very tip-top porthole looking northwest toward the Mackinac Bridge and Lake Michigan.

3.  Do you seek them out when you are traveling the coastlines or are you not that big a fan?
We do not necessarily seek them out, but do enjoy seeing lighthouses
4.  Do you have a favorite scripture or another reference to share with us concerning a guiding light in your life?

John 8:12  "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
Matthew 5:16  "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

5.  If you don't collect lighthouses when you travel, is there something tangible that you tend to collect as a souvenir when you are on vacation or a road trip?
Nothing tangible only memories
6.  Please share something with us about your week.

Monday, I had some errands to run and decided to take my camera along.  Did you know that the largest building mural in America is found in our city?  Yes it is!  We are also known for our building art which I will be happy to show you in a blog next week.  This is a preview.


Tuesday morning after my gym workout, I joined a group of neighborhood ladies for a water aerobic class at the club house.  It was fun and compliments what I'm already doing.


Thursday morning we will be driving to Dallas for a couple nights in order to see our Ava Grace perform in the play "Matilda" with the North Dallas Performing Arts.


She made the billboard!


Our littlest one isn't little any more.  I can't believe she will be a 7th grader this year and in October will be an official teenager.  We just could not be more proud of this lovely, talented, sweet young lady.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

15 comments:

  1. When scrolling through your post the 2nd lighthouse I knew right away it was one of mine... (lol) before I saw your caption.... The South Haven one is just like the one in Grand Haven... I have been to both of those... the GH one more often as its just a little closer. And then there is Mackinac ~ my all time favorite area of my state!! What a cute granddaughter!! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, how did I forget Grand Haven. We have only been there once and I think there is one in New Buffalo as well. You live in an amazing part of the state.

      Delete
  2. How exciting for Ava Grace and you all!! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of the lighthouses and that mural is very impressive. But so too is your granddaughter's achievement. Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to get to Michigan and Mackinac, but alas, I suppose it wont be possible... Should have gone years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! That mural is amazing. No matter the casts ages, I love live theater. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...that is one COOL building and the mural is amazing! I do love lighthouses but have only seen them on the outside...another thing on my bucket list is go inside and climb the stairs to the top! Your Ava Grace is a beautiful young lady...enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a neat mural! Thanks for sharing it. Have fun at the musical! Ava Grace will be great!
    The lighthouses you shared are gorgeous! Thank-you for sharing those too. Loved your answers! Have a nice Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is sooooo adorable! And that's the truth! How cool is that mural there? Wow!! Someday I would like to see Mackinac Island. (I think I've said that a few times before.) Enjoy your time with your family this weekend. If my weekend weren't as it is, I would have maybe tried for tickets to the play.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that building art is really something! I can't wait to see the others you'll be sharing.

    Your granddaughter is a cutie! Best of luck to her in her performances.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting for your Ava Grace in the play and for her to have been on the billboard! I loved seeing your lighthouse photos and reading the scriptures everyone chose to share has been uplifting for me! Those murals are AMAZING!! We have 30 murals all over Lakeland, but they are not big at all (30' x 30'). The murals are on canvas and can be removed and changed out each year. Thanks for joining the Medley today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your lighthouse photos are amazing.

    How exciting for Ava Frace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grand Haven and South Haven brought back memories, my Father had a boat on Lake Michigan. We sailed to many ports on the east side of the lake; I also love Saugatuck and the creative vibe there. I haven't been back there in many years, I have many great memories of summers on Lake Michigan. I hope you have a wonderful week.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.