Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sharing Four Somethings for July



Sharing Four Somethings

It's the end of another month!  How does this happen when I feel like the month has only just begun?

Doing this monthly recap, gives me pause to reflect back on how I might have spent the past 30 days.  Were they constructive at all, or was I just passing time in fruitless endeavors?

I have decided to answer with "BOTH!"

Regardless, here is my list of July Somethings as I join Laurie @ Meditations in Motion.

Something Loved



A couple Friday's ago, Dick and I went to our local Little Theater to see the production of "Mama Mia."  It was a fabulous exhibit of local talent by adults and young people as well.
Image result for shreveport little theatre mamma mia images
Let me just say that these three ladies would give the movie and theater actresses a real run for their money both in their performance and singing.
We loved every minute of this fun-filled evening.

Something Said

This is very personal but it goes to the heart of our almost 54 years of marriage.

As Dick was leaving for the office one morning, he referred to an article he had read and asked simply, "Do I woo you enough?"

Standing at the garage door as he was about to depart might not have been the best of times to pursue this thought provoking question, but alas.  There it was!

My initial response was, "Well I don't require a lot of wooing."

That didn't seem to be what he was looking for, so he continued.  "I mean, do I do enough to let you know how much I love you?"

The conversation continued for a while, but what my ears and heart were left with was a desire from my husband that we not grow apart.  Even after all these years and no apparent conflict going on.

The something said was "let's keep kindling the love and not grow complacent in our relationship."  I needed to hear this, not because I needed his reassurance of loving me, but because I needed to be reminded that it is still important to him.

I need to rehearse this question in my own heart and try to remember that he also needs wooing.



Something Learned

It had been months since I had painted anything that I liked or even thought had possibilities.  I follow an abstract acrylic artist and decided to watch some of his teaching videos.

As a result of his encouraging and informative manner of teaching, I decided to try again this week.




I incorporated some of his suggestions and techniques and was very pleased with the outcome.  So was Dick so it is currently hanging in our dining area.



I needed something large on this 10 ft wall and also wanted something light with colors that would tie into other paintings in the open area.

So what do you think of my end result?

Something Read

I have had difficulty concentrating on a book lately, so my reading has mostly consisted of articles and blogs written by people I admire and respect.

I happened upon a very interesting writer the other day, Shelly at "Deep Roots at Home."  She writes about a variety of issues, but I found this one to be of particular interest.

30 Identifying Marks of a Lady

She sited a recently read book by Miss USA Kristen Wolfe,
Rise Up Princess about revealing your true royal identity, where this list was found.

I plan to give copies of this book to my granddaughters.

Shelly also wrote a very interesting and thought provoking blog post on 
 the common Christian's misconceptions of being gay.

You can read it HERE


To conclude my July recap I must mention that on this day, July 28, 2005 our precious mother went home to be with her Redeemer.  It is still so hard to think of her being away from us and her being in heaven with her Lord, our daddy, and her many family members for 14 years.  Hardly a day passes that we don't think of her and miss her.



She was our example of what it truly means to be a lady.  She embodied all 30 Identifying Marks!



Thank you Mother!
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. I loved the tribute to your mom. My mom passed away in May of 2005. I still miss my mom too. Your painting is really good! And I like it in the dining room, it looks good on that wall. It says so much about your husband that he would ask you about your relationship. Such a sweet, caring heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the part about continuing to woo each other. So glad you enjoyed Mama Mia! on stage. Sounds like a fun time. I am very impressed with your art work. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good post Libby and I think all couples need to be mindful of the "wooing" factor. It's just so easy to grow complacent. My Mom died in 2008 and I can hardly believe it's almost been 12 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the abstract painting you did. Very pretty and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother passed away in July as well...on the 13th. We were very close. I enjoyed your paintings and the one looks great on the wall of your dining room. I have been experimenting with watercolors on my ATC's and greeting cards. I need to post again. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.