Saturday, July 27, 2019

Saturday 9: 3's Company


It's Saturday and time to join Samantha for 


Each week she asks questions based on a popular song from the past.

Do you remember this one from an old 70's TV show?

Come and Knock on Our Door



Saturday 9: Come and Knock on Our Door (1976)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1)  This week's song was the theme to Three's Company, a sitcom that ran for eight seasons.  Were you a fan?

I was not a fan.  I do remember seeing it a time or two, but that's all.  We had young children in the home and chose the shows they saw very carefully.

2)  The Three's Company theme was composed by Joe Raposo, who also wrote the theme to Sesame Street.  Can you recall any of the lyrics to the Sesame Street song?

I'm afraid it's been much too long since I watched that show to remember anything much about it.  Or care.  However, I did enjoy seeing Big Bird and some of the Muppets on the D. C. 4th of July show.

3)  The lyrics to this song invite you to "come and knock on our door."  What's the last door you knocked on (or the most recent doorbell you rang)?

The most recent doorbell would be our own front door bell.  My handyman Hubby had installed a new one and I tested it.  That was my contribution to the project.  See #7!

4)  Three's Company was about three roommates who live together platonically, sharing a two bedroom apartment.  Tell us about a roommate who shared your living quarters.

Many, many moons ago when I was in college, I lived in the home of a precious widow lady.  She already had a teenage girl living there, and we shared a small bedroom with adjoining bath.  Yes, we even shared a double bed.  Floy(ann) was a wonderful roomy and I could not have asked for a sweeter, more understanding person with whom to share a space.

It was on a trip with her to New Orleans that I met my future husband.

5)  Each of the roommates has a profession:  Jack is a cook, Chrissy is a secretary (aka administrative assistant) and Janet is a florist.  When did you last buy flowers?

Several weeks ago when we were in Indiana, we went to the most amazing nursery just across the Michigan line and a mile from our son's house.  I bought an enormous geranium and two ferns.  Though they might be considered more plants than flowers, they are all thriving in the southern heat.

6)  They often meet their neighbor, Larry, at a nearby bar called The Regal Beagle.  What's the name of the establishment where you most recently enjoyed an adult beverage?

My home!  I enjoy an occasional glass of wine at night.

7)  Their meddling landlord was Mr. Roper.  He was cheap, nosy, and very talented at fixing things around the building.  How much are you like Mr. Roper?

Are you frugal?  No, but I do spend wisely and don't do without much of what I want/need.

Nosy?  Curious maybe?  But, no not nosy.

A handy do-it-yourselfer?  Why would I want to be when I married the best of all handyman?

8)  Three's Company was controversial again, more than 15 years after it ceased production.  In March 2001, Nick at Nite re-edited an episode after a viewer called, alerting the network that a bit too much of John Ritter was visible in his blue boxer shorts.  Have you ever called, emailed or written to a TV station to complain?

No I haven't.

9)  Random question -- Is the screen on your cellphone cracked?

No, but a corner of my iPad is.  It isn't bad and doesn't interfere with the viewing portion of the screen.

John Ritter - Death Sept. 11, 2003


Image result for john ritter death

Joyce DeWitt

Image result for joyce dewitt

Suzanne Somers

Image result for Suzanne Somers

How well have you aged since 1976?

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

10 comments:

  1. 2003?! I remember John Ritter and Johnny Cash died within days of one another and just about everyone I knew was a fan of one or the other. I can't believe that was 16 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great to have an awesome handyman isn't it?? Well let's see... in 76 I was 8 years old... and if you look at my pic in my profile, I think I have aged well.. hee hee hee. Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jodi, I would agree you have definitely aged very well.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that yur geraniums are fourishing... Mine are having a very hard.. stunted and not blooming .. very sad about them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I wish I aged as well as Joyce and Suzanne! Neat seeing these pictures, Elizabeth! Loved the story of your roomy and meeting your hubby … do you and she still keep in touch? Please, tell us more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doubt I've aged as well as the others. But I also haven't had any "help" in the aging department either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so sad when John Ritter died. I was enjoying a tv show he was playing in. So sad. He was so funny. I think curious is a better word for me too. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was 13 in 1976, I don't think I have aged particularly well. I did not take very good care of myself. Too many other things to do.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.