Friday, May 31, 2019

Foto Friday: God's Beautiful World From My Porch


Thankfully, I have not needed to venture very far from my front and back porches to find evidence of God's amazing handiwork.

Much to our displeasure and later delight, our Morning Dove couple returned, built their nest over a corner column on our front porch, and layed their two eggs before we caught on to their plan.


Did you know that the male incubates during the day and the female at night?  How interesting is that!


This devoted Daddy bird was very patient with me and learned to pose without ruffling a feather.


Before we knew it, we had babies.  I'm not sure whether the mother takes over the feeding and baby-sitting duties after hatching, but I think they take turns.


The attending parent was soon relegated to the tiny narrow trim because these babies were growing fast.


There is a lesson here!  Instead of Mom and Day being left with an empty nest when the kids grow up, why don't we do the leaving and let them learn to take care of themselves.  Just a thought.


One morning Dick a I looked out to find the children running up and down the length of the porch ceiling trim, evidently spreading their wings to explore the home at least one of them will return to with their mate one day.

Before we knew it they had found the ground where they would continue to spread their wings and learn to be birds. 


This little family not only brought a gigantic mess to our front porch but also delight in being able to observe up close how God takes care of even the birds of the air and the flowers in the field.









We have enjoyed watching a number of birds play, bathe and explore from our back porch this spring.


I caught this fat Robin taking a most energetic bath.  No privacy here.  She had a lot of grooming to do after this.


This Mockingbird not only posed perfectly for me but entertained me with a very creative song rendition.



Even birds need to scratch where it itches.


This little loud warbler entertained us for the longest time one afternoon.


We thank God daily for His provisions and blessings for all His creatures, both great and small.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. Your photos are excellent. Thank you for sharing your doves and the beautiful plants growing around you. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth, nice to meet you. Love the photos, especially those gorgeous birds. I had wood pigeons nesting on my balcony some years back. Loved seeing them but they made such an incredible mess. Their descendants still come and feed here! Have a great weekend, greetings from Rhineland, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delightful to have these babies so close, and great images, too. All your pics are lovely to see. God sure does good work :)

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.