Saturday, May 4, 2019

Saturday 9: Don't Envy Me

Where were you and what were you doing in 1963?


I was a freshman in college and envying all the girls who seemed to have it all together.  If asked, they probably thought I did too.  Oh the games the young play.


I really do not remember this song but I do remember George Hamilton.  He was never one of my favorite actors, and quite frankly didn't remember that he even sang.

Thank you Sam for today's questions.  I had a lot of fun answering some of them especially.



Don't Envy Me


















Saturday 9: Don't Envy Me (1963)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) What is it about you that you believe your friends and acquaintances envy?

My phenomenally strong and sexy body, and amazingly sharp intellect.  No doubt about it!

2) Do you have a friend or acquaintance that you envy?

With so much going for me, why would I envy anyone???

3) This song was not a hit, even though it was written and produced by the super successful team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David. Tell us about a project you had great confidence in at the beginning, but didn't turn out as well as you'd hoped.

That would be my inspired plan to get tons of housework done on Thursday, and seasonal clothes closets switched on Friday.  It just didn't turn out quite as I had hoped.

4) George Hamilton is better known as an actor. He is proud of his performance in the 1960 movie Light in the Piazza. He played an Italian who romances an American girl on holiday in Florence. Did you ever find love while vacationing?

person wearing cat and blue vest focus photo

Yes, but my parents made me send him back.

5) George had a small part in Godfather III. How many of the Godfather movies have you seen? Have you read the book?

I think I may have seen the first movie and have not read the book.

6) He's gotten a lot of publicity over the years for his personal life, including his 1966 romance with First Daughter Lynda Bird Johnson. At the time, she was living in the White House. Tell us about a memorable experience you had "meeting the parents."

I honestly never had a memorable experience meeting the parents of any of my boyfriends.  I knew the parents of most of them before we started dating or else the relationship never got that far.

7) George is also known for his year-round tan. Have you ever used a tanning bed? Or self tanner?

We went to tanning beds faithfully prior to a Caribbean cruise and so glad we did.  The only self tanners I have used have been lotions that never really seem to work very well.

8) In 1963, when this record was released, President Kennedy made a historic trip to Ireland. Have you ever visited the land of your ancestors?


Overlooking the Sea of Galilee - 1973
I have visited the land of my Holy Father, but none of the others.

9) Random question -- The last of a batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies just fell on your kitchen floor. Would you eat it?

We believe in the 3 second rule in our house.  So yes, I would grab those cookies off the floor and forget they were ever there.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. Oh man... #4.. the one that had to be sent back.... lol Loved your answers! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you about those cookies... Never to let a chocolate chip cookie be throw in the rubbish pile... a good wipe and she's good to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answers made me laugh! So funny. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sense of humor! You've been to Israel! We would love to go! Our senior pastor hosts a trip every 2 years but 2020 is already booked solid. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be more surprised if you DID remember "Don't Envy Me." It was a bomb. I don't think it broke Billboard's Top 100. This fascinated me because Burt Bacharach is one of the most successful composers of all time. Everyone hits a clinker now and again, I guess.

    I'm sorry your parents made you send him back. (Bet you're not sorry, though!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun answers. Yay for the 3 second rule!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.