Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend was spent at my middle sister, Gin's house.  We came on Thursday to help her get ready for a big family gathering.

Friday night found us at her oldest son, Eric's house for Crayfish Etouffee and all the fixings.






Their lovely home has the prettiest setting by a Cypress Tree slew.  I love the beautiful moss draping from every branch and tree.



The sunset through the moss draped trees was spectacular.

Saturday, we hosted the out-of-town guests at Gin's house for breakfast before going to her younger son, Doug's house.  I will let the pictures speak for themselves.



Doug lives in the historic town of Washington, Louisiana, on Bayou Courtableau.  With all the rain we have been getting, the water is well out of its banks.


It was a stormy day but we were snug inside his and Pam's beautiful screened back porch.  It is such a lovely all purpose room, perfect for entertaining.



Sisters




  
Doug fried delicious catfish filets, and we had more food than we could possibly eat in one day.

Sunday, found us old folks sitting and relaxing on Gin's beautiful garden patio.

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend also.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend. Your pics of the sunset through the mossy trees is breathtaking. I would have to enlarge that and frame it so I could see it all the time! It certainly looked as if everyone was loving being together and visiting with each other and your nephew's patio is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that screened in porch area, makes me sort of wish that ours was screened in but........we have enough rooms and T says that would make it more like another room. :o)) Looks like the perfect celebration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing the moss on the trees in Florida when I visit my dad. The settings are all so beautiful. Looks like the perfect way to celebrate Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a fabulous Mother's Day weekend, Elizabeth. Your sister certainly has the perfect spot for her lovely home. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.