Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Green Pi Hodgepodge


Click here for a song to help celebrate National Pi Day - "That's Amore"

Thank you, Joyce for giving us such a variety of questions to consider each week.


1.  Thursday is National Pi Day...are you good at math?  What was the last thing you had to calculate?  did you use your head or technology?  Last slice of pie you ate?

No, math was never my strong suit inspite of all my dad's efforts to turn that around.
The last things I calculated were totals for my tax forms.
I definitely used technology!
The last slice of pie I ate was the last slice of peach pie in the pan provided by a sweet friend.

2.  What makes a house a home?

The people who live there!

3.  Your current favorite green thing?


Green is not one of my favorite colors but I do love my green plants.  I brought this bamboo into my bedroom so I can keep it watered and enjoy it from my bed.  Dick gave this to me years ago and it continues to thrive.

4.  How do you define achievement?  How does your personal definition look similar to, or different than, society's definition?  What's something you think is worth achieving in life?

Definition:  a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill

My personal definition isn't too different from the one above.  I have never achieved something without putting forth an effort to do so.  Those achievements also came with a lot of perseverance and determination as well as failure.  That being said, nothing I have ever achieved was done so by my own power.  I believe that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength, according to His purpose, because I am among His called.

The thing I most wish to achieve is learning to love God above all else, and my neighbor as myself. 

5.  What song is a good soundtrack for your life right now?


6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Our granddaughter #2, Cassidy, spends most of her time traveling abroad.  Recently, she posted these pictures from Milan, Italy.  She could have stepped off the fashion runway.

Granddaughter #6, Ava Grace, spent last week on a mini-mester mission trip in the Amazon.  Above, they are swimming with a pink dolphin.  She is on the left and I'll let her facial expression tell you what she thought about it.

 Their older sister, granddaughter #1, Chandler has been doing some modeling of her own.  Check out @stylekalon on Instagram to see other fashions worn by this beautiful mom.

And that's just three of my amazing granddaughters.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. That's a cute plant; I need to have more of those in the house but I can just never keep them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Libby! I'm so intrigued by Pi Day AND St. Patrick's Day. I always feel as if I should be doing more to celebrate...
    And thanks for the shout out here in your list of lovely blogs! I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pink dolphin! It would be fun to see one up close. We got in the water with dolphins in Florida once and the trainer had us doing all kinds of things with them, including a kiss on the cheek. A little intimidating but fun to see up close. I hope you're continuing to recover well and completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful granddaughters you have! I really like the green plant and that is such a good green item to highlight. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Dean Martin song. Thanks for sharing it. Ym on your piece of pie. Your plant is lovely and I too like to have plants in my house. Your granddaughters are doing awesome things. Way to go girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful granddaughters and successful models! Fun. What you desire to achieve is noteworthy for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty granddaughter's! Wow, a pink dolphin. I love your Bible verse too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your granddaughters are beautiful. I know you are so proud. I would love to have a job where I travelled the world! That is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful plant. I' glad you said what they swam with because I honestly thought it was a pig...haha. Your granddaughters are living their best lives.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.