Wednesday, March 6, 2024

A Purrrfic Wednesday Hodgepodge


Welcome to another Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce asking the questions.


1.  Has March come in like a lion where you live?  If not a lion then what animal would you use to describe the weather in your area this first week of March?  Does the weather affect your emotions?  When did you last feel 'under the weather'?


March certainly did not come in like a lion in Plano, TX.  Instead it was more like a frisky kitten who loves to chase anything that moves when not lying out in the sunshine.  We have had plenty of sun and wind.  The only weather that affects my emotions is a storm.  Bad weather seems to feed my soul and I feel very content.  I don't remember when I last felt 'under the weather'.  Even two weeks post surgery, I have not felt bad at all.

2.  Do you know what your name means?  Does the meaning of your name fit with your personality?  Do you like your name?  If you have children did you consider the meaning of their names before choosing them?

Elizabeth:  My God is abundance
Claire:  Clear, bright or light-colored

Yes, I think both my given names fit my personality.  My God is all I ever need.  As for the meaning of Claire, it is true I am probably more clear and bright some days more than others, but always light-colored.

Yes, we considered the meaning of our children's names.
John:  "Yahweh has been gracious"
Christina:   "Follower of Christ". 

3.  It's National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce?  Last thing you ate that used a sauce?

I found the most delicious tomato basil sauce at Home Goods a while back that we have used as a soup more than a sauce.  I bought all they had and wish there had been more.  I don't remember the last time I used just a sauce.

4.  Something you've seen, tasted, done lately that you'd describe as 'awesome sauce'?

I discovered Cauliflower Gnocchi a while back that I used in making a Chicken Gnocchi Soup.  It has quickly become a favorite dish for us and for sharing.

5.  What kinds of things do you love to collect?

I no longer collect anything.  Space is too limited for collecting.  In the past I collected white pottery pitchers and still have some of my favorites.  I also, for a period of time collected vintage and antique gravy boats.  When we moved three years ago, I gave all of my collection to a friend.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad your recovery is going well. I haven't tried the cauliflower gnocci so will have to look for that. Have a nice day...it's pouring here today which has been our Wednesday weather the past three weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing as how my first name is your middle, I agree that sometimes I might be thinking clearly but I'm not bright. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your names and meanings. I enjoyed your random thought post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you have done so very well with your hip replacement. You will feel like a new woman once you can get up and around. I think of your sister often and pray that she is doing okay with her grief. Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gnocchi sounds wonderful. Glad the recuperation from surgery is going well. My childhood friend's name is Claire...I've always loved that name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the meaning of your name. Those are lovely meanings for your children's names too! Yes, I'm not collecting anymore either. I have so much to get rid of. Love your random thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late in getting around this week. I'm not collecting anymore, either. Now if I can find someone who would enjoy some of my collected items before my kids just haul off everything to Goodwill. :) Love the name meanings. Happy Saturday and happy healing to you!!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.