Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Easter Hodgepodge

Thank you Joyce for asking thought provoking questions each week.  If you're interested in seeing how she answers her own questions, click HERE.

1.What do you love about your life right now? 

This is my fifth week of living like a princess.  Who can complain about that!

2. March 26th is National Spinach Day...are you a fan? If so, how do you like yours prepared/served?


 Even though I love fresh spinach in a salad, or cooked in a quiche or added to an omelet, I never turn down the opportunity to have creamed spinach.

3. In this current season would you say you need to spend more time looking inward or that you need to get out of your head? Tell us why.

I can't say I spend a lot of time looking inward and nor do I want to.  When I find that I'm "in my head", I realize it quickly becomes very selfish thinking and that's not where I want to spend my time. 

4. Are you following the 'March Madness' madness? (That's US college basketball in case you're out of the loop) What's something that feels like actual madness to you right now?

Yes, we are all in with the women's trek to the Sweet Sixteen.  

I have enjoyed following Caitlin Clark's road to stardom this year as she has helped take Iowa to the #1 spot.  Of course Bayou Barbie, Angel Reese with LSU is our favorite player on our favorite team.  As they won the national title last year, we are hoping for a repeat, but the pathway is tough.

What is actual madness is this crazy world and the blatant injustice all around us.  There seems to be very little that actually makes sense anymore.  I'm so glad "this world is not my home - I'm just a pass'n through."

5. How will you celebrate the Easter/Passover holiday this year?

I am hoping to be able to go to church for the first time in several months to worship our Risen Savior with my family. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. Don't think I could do the creamed spinach... js. I agree with your #3! Praying that you get to attend Resurrection Sunday services. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, I do hope you are able to make it to the Easter service. Yikes, I'm with you on the craziness in our world and am so happy, too, that we have a glorious hope for our future. I forgot about creamed spinach. It has been so long since I've had it. Happy Easter to you! Christ is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby, maybe it's just me but your link did not work from Jo's link-up. It took me to an error page. I was still able to find the post by clicking on your Home page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was such a fan of Caitlyn until I saw her behavior during the tournament.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Caitlyn Clark is the only name I recognize at all from March Madness - I don't follow it! Enjoyed your answers and it sounds like you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That creamed spinach looks delicious. I don't like being in my head but I can't seem to stop worrying about everything all the time. Glad you are enjoyed March Madness. I pray you will be able to be at church on Sunday. Happy Easter! He is Risen Indeed.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love creamed spinach too. I hope it works out for you to attend church on Easter morning. That's my favorite Sunday of the year : ) Happy Easter to you Libby!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.