Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Another March Wednesday Hodgepodge

Thank you for joining me for another week's Wednesday Hodgepodge where Joyce posts questions and we give our answers.

1. Spring is officially upon us, no matter what the weather may be in your neck of the woods. Is there any 'spring cleaning' on your to-do list? What's your most dreaded task? 

After being "laid up" for 5 weeks, house-keeping has gone rather unattended.  That being said, Hubs has done a great job of maintaining for which I am most appreciative.  The only big thing that I intend to do once I'm able is dust the plantation shutters that are throughout the house.  And that is without doubt my most dreaded task.

2. What's something many people seem to love, but to you feels like 'watching the grass grow'?


3. Mint grows in abundance during the spring season. Are you a fan? What's your favorite food with a 'minty' flavor? 

Yes, I love to grow mint IN A CONTAINER!  


My favorite minty food would be chocolate covered mint cookies

4. It's been said, 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder.' Agree or disagree? Explain. 


I think perhaps a short absence from a loved one can help us appreciate the absent one even more; however, too much absence can create division and a sense of separation and independence that is hard to overcome.

5. Are there any festive spring events in your city or town? If so, will you take advantage of them?

The Solar Eclipse of 2024 will go right over our Village on April 8 and this will be the big spring event of the century.  People from all over the country are expected to invade the Dallas, TX area. There is a watch party planned outside our clubhouse for all residents who are interested.  We have our glasses and camera lens ready and can't wait to experience this exciting event.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Plano, TX is in the path of totality


This community is in totality from 1:41:26p to 1:44:56p. Partial eclipse begins at 12:23p.




Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

10 comments:

  1. It's very cool that you're in the path of the eclipse and can see it without going anywhere. We had some very similar answers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are well into your hip replacement recovery. Yes, Plantation shutters are the worse! I use a tacky cloth that auto detail shops use to dust down a vehicle the final time before painting. They are amazing. Sounds like a fun time on April 8th. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool about the eclipse! I should grow more herbs in containers; it's just about getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you are right there in the path of the eclipse. Glad you are progressing in your recovery. That is nice that hubby is caring for the home while you are laid up. Yum chocolate mint cookies! Happy Spring to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back in 2017 we were smack dab in the middle of totality for a solar eclipse. It was a truly amazing thing to witness in person. I'm glad hubs is taking care of you and the house both. It's hard to be incapacitated when you're used to your independence. I used to dislike mint and chocolate but in the last couple of years have grown to love it. Tastes change I guess. Have a nice day Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading your answers. I totally agree with the chocolate mint cookies. So yum! I'm originally from Richland Hills, TX and I still have family in the DFW area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with your Absence and the heart growing fonder! UGH!!! Opera! yeah I agree. Our community is about to be invaded due to the eclipse. We have an ABNB that is rented for the entire week because of it. Hmmm, go figure! Enjoyed my visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, shutters are not fun to dust. We don't have shutters but we do have wooden blinds. Several people have said baseball and I agree. Yes, those mint cookies are the best and you can now buy pretzels covered in the girl scout mint chocolate. I am not a fan of separation yet I did it to my family. Really, right over your village. That's amazing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's cool that you are in the path of the eclipse! We got to see the last one that passed over us. My son is going with his school a few hours away to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're not right in the center of the eclipse path, but should have a pretty good view. We're in Ohio. I hope everyone will get a break at work so we can all step outside! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.