Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge Memories





The beauty of diversity!

1. Five years ago this month hubs and I relocated from New Jersey to the Palmetto State. What were you doing five years ago this month?


Looking back over pictures, we were probably pretty busy in August 2015.  The most memorable event was a great visit with my 1st cousin and her husband in Austin, Tx.  We were also getting ready for a trip to Northern Indiana in early September.

2. What was the last 9-5 job you worked? Tell us about it.

My last job was more like 7-till.  I was a financial aid officer at the local technical college.  There were two of us, and I not only worked directly with students but also was responsible for numerous reports directly related to financial aid, but also state required data reports.  There were a lot of deadlines that necessitated long hours.  Thankfully all that ended in 2011.

3. Plead the fifth, high five, take five, it's five o'clock somewhere, or the big 5-0...which number five phrase relates to your life in some way currently? Tell us how.

It would be the big 5-1.  Son John will have his 51st birthday on the 22nd.  We are so proud of this handsome, compassionate man with high integrity, a phenomenal work ethic, great leadership abilities and is the best dad and husband.



The link below is a short video where he explains his and his hospital's concept of patient care and I think you will understand why we are proud parents.


4. During this season of spending so much time at home, what distractions get in the way of being your most productive? Or have you been extra productive since this whole thing started?

I think I have been as productive as I've wanted to be; however, I do admit to easily being distracted.  My distractions keeping me from doing routine and mundane chores relate to my computer, cell phone, and iPad.  I read books on the Kindle app on my iPad, and also listen to audiobooks on an old phone, not to mention finding all sorts of fun things to do on the laptop.  I always manage to get necessary tasks done and don't worry about the others.

5. Give us a list here of your top five anything.

1.  My relationship and fellowship with Jesus
2.  Family with Dick being at the top
3.  Staying healthy
4.  Enjoying our home
5.  Blogging

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Dick and I have been enjoying a salad.  In fact, we have had it almost every day for a late lunch and haven't tired of it yet.

The basic recipe consists of grilled chicken, corn, purple onion, avocado, and fresh parsley mixed with olive oil.



We have added black beans, tomatoes, sliced black olives, with chopped romaine lettuce.  We have also used chicken nuggets, and salmon for variety.  You may also like sliced boiled eggs or deviled eggs as in picture.  It is both delicious and filling.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. You have every right to be a super proud parent! We have had lots of salads here lately too and yours looks delicious! Have a great day Libby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, too, have been enjoying a variety of fresh summer salads -- tho I admit to still being reluctant to eat the romaine. So glad to see someone else referring to 'purple' onion. I remember hubs and I squabbling because he called them 'red' -- while I maintained they were two different things. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your salad looks so good. I'm eating more salads these days. There was a bit too much baking early on : ) I like your list. These have been fun to read today. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I've missed you, too.
    Early wishes to your son! His video is impressive, and I understand why you are a proud mama.
    Ed and I enjoy salads in summertime, too. They're quick and easy, without guilt :)

    Kathy (Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your salads sound delicious. It's really easy to get drawn into our phone, computers, etc. I get necessary tasks done too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you are a proud mother! Working in Financial Aid, I give you credit. It seems so complicated to me. Your salad looks delicious and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoyed the video of John. I watched it when you posted it on FB. Hats off to him for his great accomplishments. Love the diversity picture, too cute. And, the salad looks so delicious. T would likely turn his nose up at it but I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Libby, your son did a fine job with the video. You have every reason to be so proud of him!

    As for your salads, good for you! I am a strong advocate for getting in a healthy serving of dark leafy greens every single day. And as you have demonstrated here, there is no limit to all the wonderful foods that can be added to those greens to give them a great deal of variety.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.