Sunday, August 2, 2020

Outfits 101


Several years ago, when I was still doing "Beauty Without Within" seminars, I became aware of Diana Pemberton-Sikes and felt an immediate connection to her.  I ordered every resource she came out with and printed articles that I found online, and basically copied (with a lot of modifications of course) her materials for my classes.  I even asked for help for some of my upcoming audiences which she graciously answered.

Since that time, I have continued to stay in touch with Diana through emails, her newsletter and Facebook.

In a recent email newsletter, she posted some of the most basic steps for putting together what I call a "Capsule Wardrobe."

Because it makes so much sense and explains the concept of building a wardrobe with only a few items, I asked if I could share it here with you.

Diana called it crash course – Outfits 101, and the simple steps are as follows:

 1. Start with classic pieces in neutral colors:

2. Add some color:

3. Or let your personality shine through with either clothing...

...or accessories:

4. Mix and match to your heart's content:

 

See how easy this is?  They're the same clothes worn in lots of different ways.  I counted at least 23 different outfits just from the pictures.  You could easily dress for a whole month from three basic outfits and several additional pieces.


How many of us have a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear?  Probably if the majority of us were to examine our closets closely we would realize that we bought much of what is there on impulse.  Or we saw an item on someone else or in an ad and thought we needed it too.  How many times have we needed a "last minute" outfit and rushed out and bought the first thing we saw, and have never put it on again.


Using Diana's ideas for planning a wardrobe will either eliminate that problem in the future, or at the best, give you some ideas for using that conglomeration of clothes in your closet.


You may want to follow her simple guidelines:


1. Start with classic pieces in neutral colors.
2. Add some color.
3. Or let your personality shine through with either clothing or accessories.
4. Mix and match to your heart's content.

You have TONS more outfits sitting in your closet than you realize – you just haven't thought about the combinations yet.

So play around. Experiment. Have some fun.

You may be shocked by what you come up with.

And if you need more help putting together outfits, check out this LinkIf you just want some inspiration, then you will enjoy following her on Pinterest.


For more information, check out Diana's blog and Facebook pages.



Thanks for the inspiration and information, Diana.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, very interesting. You always look great in your outfits!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.