Wednesday, August 26, 2020

It's a Dog's Hodgepodge

Thank you for joining us for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge where we answer questions given to us by Joyce.  Check out her blog at From This Side of the Pond

1. The Hodgepodge lands on National Dog Day this year (August 26th). Do you own a dog?  No

Did you have a dog when you were growing up, or maybe some other kind of pet?  Oh yes, we had dogs, cats and even a baby skunk for a short time.

Would you say you're more of a dog person or a cat person? Neither is okay too: )


I have always been more of a cat person, but we also had a dog when the children were home and I love my granddogs.

2. Last time you felt 'dog tired'?

I do everything I can to keep from feeling 'dog tired."  The most tired I get these days is walking my usual five miles every morning, but that is an exhilarated tiredness.

3. It's said you can't teach an old dog new tricks. When did you last prove this idiom true or prove it wrong?

I prove it true three days a week in the pool.  This old dog will never be able to swim, nor will she want to.

I have proved it wrong by staying abreast of new technology; stretching myself to walk further than I had been doing previously.  When I started painting, that was a new trick for me and I feel I did well with it.

4. A favorite book, television show, or movie featuring a dog. Why did you love it?

I think the most recent movie was "Old Yeller." We really enjoyed seeing it with our son and his family in Indiana because the book was one of his favorites.  I remember reading it to him as a child, before he went to sleep at night.

I am listening to a Charles Martin novel, "Maggie" that has a dog named "Blue."  Blue seems to understand not only words, but also emotions that I find fascinating.

5. Last time you had reason to (literally or figuratively) exclaim 'hot diggity dog'?

That would be following my eye exam this week.  My vision is unchanged and still 20/20 with my current lens.  No vision changes at all, and no need to go back for a another year.  HOT DIGGITY DOG!

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

The big news for us is Hurricane Laura that is barreling toward our Gulf Coast.  Predictions as of a few hours ago say the eye of the storm will be right over us on Thursday morning.


We live in Shreveport, in the northwest corner of Louisiana (see X on map) and it appears we will get a good bit of rain and winds between 50 - 80 mph.  It won't be anything like what those on the coast will receive, but we are still making preparations  just in case.

One thing is for sure!  It will not dampen our big celebration in Dallas on Saturday.  More on that next week.

Oh and by the way, I have ordered a dress for the wedding, so we will see how that goes.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all is well and that the storm doesn't cause any damage. Have a wonderful time at your celebration! Love your random thought. Thanks for the smile.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that storm gives you a miss! So glad you found a dress. Enjoy your celebration and safe travels as you head to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Yeller is a good choice. I like that one, too.

    I'll be praying for your area, and others, as the storm approaches. I also wish you safe travels and a great celebration in Texas.

    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for your safety as the storm goes through your area, hoping your special weekend plans are able to come about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found a dress and prayers for safe travels to Texas. Prayers this storm will be a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending prayers for you and for your state as the storm passes through. Glad you are taking precautions, always better to be safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are dog people but I love cats too, however we are all allergic to them. Way to go on your five miles!!! Like your answer for teaching old dogs new tricks. Hooray for no changes in your sight and I will be praying for your safety.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope all goes well for you and your home through this storm. It also sounds like a special event this weekend. Glad your eyesight is good! Prayers as I finish up here your you and everyone in the path of Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, who is getting married? I missed that if you have said in another post. Well, I know Jackson is getting married but I don't think that would be in Dallas. And, yes, good eyesight is a good reason to say, "hot diggity dog." Hope the storm lessens before it gets to y'all and to us. Safe travels to Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying you all stay safe through the storm! Our niece lives in Gonzales...not sure how that lines up with the path of Laura, but they will surely get the heavy rains and flooding. What a year this is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the storm missed you. Old Yeller is a great movie! I'm going to check my library to see if they have that Charles Martin book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for that plague commentary which I have shared...a wonderful laugh...
    Praying for all those in the path of the storm. May Texas be dream-fulfilling and beautiful memory-making, dear lady.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.