Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Emoji 'ng a Post

I missed the Hodgepodge last week, so am glad to get back today.

Click the link below to join all the other Hodgepodge bloggers in answering this week's questions.


1. I feel most energized when I _______________________.

Going to the gym in the mornings energizes me physically, but spending time with my family energizes me the most from an overall perspective.

2. Where were you ten years ago?

Right where I am today.  We had moved into our new Garden Home the year before and we were busy getting the landscaping done.  I was responsible for organizing a state-wide event for the Technical Colleges in the spring and had back surgery shortly afterward.  We also moved our son and his family to Northern Indiana in August of that year.  In retrospect, it was quite a year.

3. July 17th is World Emoji Day. Do you use emojis? Which one's your favorite? Your most used?

I do use emojis frequently in my texts.  This is my favorite.  😍
But, I also often use this one because my sisters and I enjoy being silly in our texts.  🤣
Because this is an easy way to agree with a message, I use this one.  👍
I also enjoy using my own personal Bitmojis such as this one.

4. What song would you put on a wedding DO NOT PLAY list?

The first one to come to mind is "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas."  But quite frankly, I would think the majority of today's music should be left off that list.  Because I don't listen to current pop music, I googled and am too embarrassed to even write the titles of some.  But, there are also some "church" songs that should not be used either such as "Revive Us Again" or "Rescue the Perishing."

 5. What deserves less of your attention? More of your attention?

My iPad!
My Bible!

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

I'm personally choosing to not watch the news or think about the state of affairs, or those to whom the new term, "Trump Deranged Syndrome" applies.  I read an article recently where the writer said, smart people don't worry about all that because they don't get caught up in things they can't control.

Instead, they focus their energy on the two things that are completely in their power.  It is within their power to focus attention on all the things for which they are grateful and look for the good around them.  They also focus their effort on doing what they can to improve themselves and the world around them.  These are two simple steps we can take to make the world a better place.  Now, go out and .....

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. I love your random thought. I am so weary of the political 'stuff'. It is absolutely exhausting. Trying to keep my mind elsewhere and we don't watch a lot of TV so that helps. I think it's important to know what's happening, but not what everyone in the world thinks about it : ) Have a great day! I want to come back and read your balloon post. I've always wanted to go to the one in New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers and I love your darling Bitmoji of yourself! Your wedding song answers made me LOL and I couldn't agree more with your random thought. Someone WAY bigger is in control of the situation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your random thought made me think of Phillipians 4:8, "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." I don't listen to current music either. I love my Spotify playlist, because I can load it up and play it for my whole commute. And nothing inappropriate comes on! Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, you have me my first good laugh of the morning. Rescue the Perishing at a wedding just cracked me up! I guess at my aunt and uncle's wedding, when the two knelt at the altar, the congregation saw that some jokester had written on my uncle's shoes: HELP... ME! About the news, I stopped following it in December. Since then I've instead spent more time in Scripture and in morning prayers. Occasionally I do turn on the news and only hear the same harangue and quickly turn it off. I'm not missing anything but a bad and ungodly attitude on both sides. And now, without the Hodgepodge, I'll have to try to come up with something for a Wednesday blog post. We'll see how that goes. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED your post and soo agree with all of it. I too have stopped listening to the news. I felt LONG ago that there is sooo little I can do about any of it anyway. I pray as diligently as I can for our country and leave it at that. But I certainly don't need to know everyone's opinion on what's going on either. A happy heart is a grateful heart and that is what I strive for. It may seems a bit "pollyanna ish" but there is almost always something to be grateful for nonetheless. LOVE your personal emoji's. MY grand daughter made me some too and I do enjoy using them in my texts to my kids and grandkids. Hope your summer is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with your random thought, and your wedding song made me LOL. I enjoyed your answers to today's hodgepodge. I'm sad that Hodgepodge is going on break, just when I'm joining again... Let me know if you participate in any other blog surveys like this one.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your less and more answer and I could answer that the same way. So enjoyed your answers! Guess we'll see if the HP returns. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on getting to the gym! I use the thumbs up too. Great answer for #5. I choose not to watch the news years ago.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.