Sunday, July 29, 2018

After the After


My house after a few switch-a-roos.”


A few weeks ago, I posted my major Before and After changes in my house.   If you missed it, click HERE

A few of those changes have now been adjusted to

"After the After!"

If you recall, I had put the sofa table on this short wall just inside the back and side entry only as a temporary fill-in.  We no longer wanted it behind the sofa and it was a bit dated.


We decided to take the table to a nice local consignment store instead of just keeping it until I found something else.  So off it went.

With a now empty space, my co-decorator husband had a great idea to move the foyer table to this wall.

Before

After

We liked it enough to leave it, so that led to other changes.

With the taller table, the mirror needed to be raised.  The ceilings are 12' so raising it filled in this space well. 

I also added a couple taller pieces to the table as well.


The metal urn was moved from above a cabinet in the sun room.  It compliments the metal vase and I like the way it repeats the colors in the greenery of the arrangement.

The porcelain ducks were a gift from one of my "adopted" sons many, many years ago, and still holds a special place in my heart.


I'm not real happy with this arrangement, but I just don't have any place to store my mother's small punch bowl and this heirloom lead crystal bowl.  Besides, I like to see them, so they will live here for now.


I'm not sure this is the last and final piece of furniture on this wall, but it does relieve the pressure to find something before I actually find the "right" thing.


We were never happy with this low curio cabinet on this wall.  It blocked our pathway to the hall and it just never felt right.


So, we moved it to fill the empty spot in the foyer.


It now holds some of the crystal pieces that were on the bottom of the other table as well as some of my white pottery pitchers.  The small crystal dish on top holds our front door keys.

It seems to be somewhat happy here, but I'm still not sure this is the final piece for this entry either, but it works for now.  There may be another switch-a-roo in the future.  Who knows.



And, this is where I put the new painting I did.


I absolutely love these colors in the entry way.


While at HomeGoods the other day, I found this gorgeous vase and it cried to come home with me.  Never one to upset a beautiful piece of glassware, it found a home right here.


The sun shining through the front door brings out so many lovely hues in this pretty addition to my entry way.

So, that's my 

"After the After!"

What do you think?

Linking to
Amaze Me Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. It's always such fun to find different uses to give ol pieces a new appreciation. I LOVE your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your switch a roos!! Your home is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fresh colors and the nice switch. I remember after I painted my once red living room a fresh color it made a huge difference. Lovely changes!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.