Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Lovely Hodgepodge

As I am writing this on Valentines Day, let me wish all of you a very Happy, Lovely Day.
Thank you Joyce for binding us together on this


1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?

Maternal Grandparents:  Poppa & Mama
Paternal Grandparents:  Pappy & Grandmother

My Grandmother name is Bibby.  This name was given to me by a nephew and carried over to grandchildren.  I love it.

Dick's Grandparent name by our daughter's children is Daddea.  First grandchild picked up "Daddy" that she heard her mother say and made up her own and it stuck with her siblings.  However, our second grandchild had trouble rolling that off his tongue so his name was shortened to "Da".  His little sister prefered "Da Da".  Then the littlest sister decided "Da Da Da" was appropriate.  Needless to say, we have had a lot of fun with our Granddad names.

2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? If you were to take a trip along the California Coast what's one attraction you'd have on your must-see list?

Yes, back in 2004 we and our best couple friends flew to San Fransisco and then took a road trip from there making several treks along the coastline.  The highlight of course was the coastline itself.  Unbelievable natural beauty. 
This is a view from the back of the Ritz Carlton Hotel at Half Moon Bay
 And at sunset
We also enjoyed seeing the Hearst Castle.

3. What are three things you don't know how to do?

Swim, roller skate, speak a foreign language

4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true what will you celebrate and more importantly, how will you celebrate?

In this current day, I think the thing I most desire to see is love, tolerance, and kindness.  The best way to celebrate these things would be to do them more myself and acknowledge and appreciate them when seen in others.

5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?

I don't make anything that calls for almonds.  Why, when it's impossible to beat an Almond Joy?
6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house?

Saturdays are very relaxed around here.  Dick gets up early to read the paper and start working on his Sunday School lesson to teach the next day.  I get up when I feel like it.  We have a large brunch then do our own thing.  I rarely leave the house on Saturday.

7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.

I have been reading Margaret Truman's "Capital Crimes Series".  She was an excellent writer and I've enjoyed this series very much.  A book I actually listened to while driving was "The Reason I Jump" the inner voice of a 13 year old boy in Japan about dealing with Autism.  It is an excellent book and a must read by anyone who teaches children.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Belated Happy Valentines
with 
Kristen and Danny
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

13 comments:

  1. Cute Love Songs Lip Sync...was going to sub today at school and thought I would give the students extra credit if they could name those songs and artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your answers, especially about the grandparent names.
    I loved the video in your 'random'. They did such a good job.
    Enjoy the rest of your week,
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandparent names are fun and I had kind of regretted that we didn't wait and see what they would call us. Too late now. Jack though one day said to me, "Nonnie, is it okay if I call you Non?" I thought that was funny. Your pictures of the coast are stunning and wow, I really would love to take that trip. When we did our train trip to the west, we heard about a Starlight train trip along the coastline. I too would love to see true love, tolerance and kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your photos are making me more-than-ever want to take that road trip along the California coast! If it only didn't take three days driving just to get there from here! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge this morning. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed hearing your grandparent names and how you arrived there...fun. I LOVED that video, lol. Watched the whole thing! Now some of those songs will probably be stuck in my mind, but that's OK. LOL Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of Cal! Enjoyed the video very much. Enjoy Your week, Lea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOPs... can you tell I making all my Hodgepodge visits? Sorry Elizabeth! This is the 2nd time I did this within the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your answers today and I loved the video you shared. Hope your having a perfect week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG small world. I grew up just up the coast of HalfMoon Bay. My HS played theirs - BIG rivals. I grew up in San Francisco and Pacifica.

    I was just randomly visiting the blogs on the HodgePodge list. Glad I visited yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful photos, might need to put this on our bucket list. I've always liked your Grandmother name. So cute! I'm not sure about Karen Kingsbury and a Christmas book but I do think I heard something about it. You might just check Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your answer to #4. You and your husband sure do have fun names as grandparents :) Beautiful photos of California.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed the lip synch : ) I think my daughter's mother in law will be called BeBe which is what she called a favorite aunt who helped raise her. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.