Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

I am joining Joyce for another Wednesday Hodgepodge.


We are happily wishing this beautiful, intelligent, ambitious Granddaughter #4, Mary-Elizabeth a very Happy 21st Birthday on this 5th day of October.



1.  Do you think intuition is as valuable as rational thinking?  Explain why or why not.

I do believe God gives women an intuition that men don't necessarily have; however, one's intuition is based on experiences, beliefs, the situation, etc., and therefore not to be trusted in all cases.  Sometimes, a decision is black or white based on the facts.  Some decisions though are best not made purely on the facts or rational thought without some emotion.

My final answer would be:  Rational out ways intuition.

2.  In the grand scheme of things this world is not my home!  There is so little in the large scheme of things that I can control.  What I can determine is how I face each day.

3.  Last place you went that felt like 'Grand Central Station'?  Have you ever actually been to Grand Central Station (and by Grand Central Station I mean Grand Central Terminal)?

With thousands attending each of our worship services, moving from one place to another on Sunday mornings can seem like 'Grand Central Station' even though I have not actually ever been to that terminal.

4.  October 6 is National Noodle Day.  What's your favorite dish made with noodles and have you made/eaten this dish lately?

We do not normally eat pasta, but a friend made the most delicious 'Shrimp Scampi" with squash noodles.  I could eat that on a daily bases.  And no, I haven't made it.

5.  A time recently you had to really 'use your noodle'?  Elaborate.

The most 'noodle' required activity of late is compiling our quarterly HOA newsletter.  Since the previously published ones were all in text form and rarely read, I have trying to add more interesting content as well as tons of graphics.  Making each issue applicable to that particular quarter and keeping it interesting and current is taking a bit more 'noodle' use than I want to extend sometime.     A challenge is always challenging.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OUR COUNTRY?

According to an article written by Bob Unruh and published on Oct. 5 by WND:

"Only days ago the National School Board Association asked Joe Biden to use federal anti-terror laws against parents who are protesting – and fighting – the leftist agendas of their school boards, who want to install Critical Race Theory and other indoctrination in classrooms.

Now the administration has responded with orders from Attorney General Merrick Garland to the FBI to move against those parents."

I am using both my intuition and rational thought to come to the conclusion, we are in deep, deep trouble!

On a more pleasant note, I will be doing a post on a neighbor who does the most amazing watercolors.  She recently placed 1st in a multi-state-wide competition for this forlorn fellow.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Libby,

    Your granddaughter is beautiful. I hope she had a wonderful 21st birthday. I enjoyed reading through your responses. I, especially liked how your answered #2 "this world is not my home" and that's true for me, too. The way I choose to meet each day is up to me, too. How wonderful! As my mother-in-law would say, "This world is going to hell in a hand basket!" Oh if she were alive today the stuff we're seeing would blow her mind. It blows mine! The left now don't even try to hide what they are doing but yet we have brothers and sisters in Christ who still vote these people into power. The last election was stolen away from the American people and those who should be running the country. Things will only get worse. We can't hang our hats on anything in this life, except for what Jesus gives to all. Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day, my dear!

    Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your random thought makes me a little bit crazy. That citizens aren't more up in arms about it. I know many are, but it feels like we are seeing our rights (particularly parental) slowly stripped away in the name of 'public good'. But then I remember your answer to #2 and yes...this world is not our home. Happy birthday to your lovely granddaughter. You've got some beauties in your family for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your random thought...when school board members receive death threats, yes, we need to be concerned about where we are going as a society. I watched my local board meeting and the anti maskers were out of control. They were angry that the board would not violate the state's mask mandate. They were violent! I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers. Beautiful watercolor and happy birthday to your grand daughter

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful granddaughter you have! Hope you are enjoying this gorgeous Texas weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter. I liked reading your answers. I am so scared for our country. I pray things will get better. That artwork is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.