Wednesday, October 20, 2021

A Revealing Hodgepodge

Thank you, Joyce for some interesting things to think about this morning.

1.  Do you (or did you used to) watch talk shows?  Which are or were your favorite?

Because I worked outside the home for 35 years after I worked inside the home, I never watched much day-time television.  After retiring, I rarely turned the TV on during the day, and even now, never watch day-time TV programs.  I cannot imagine sitting and listening to a group such as "The View" for pleasure.  Never!

2.  Would you describe yourself as resilient?  If so, what do you think makes you that way?  If you answered no explain why?

Yes, I would consider myself to be resilient.  Why?
1st and perhaps primary is birth order.  I am the oldest child and therefore have a git'her done attitude.
2nd, at the age of 4, I dealt with Polio and daily spinal taps before a miraculous healing.  My parents told me that my personality was pretty evident when no longer completely paralyzed, I literally kicked the syringe out of a nurses hand in protest.
3rd, life and loss have taught me that to survive, there is no time for pity parties.  My mantra:  Just do what you have to do!

3.  What parts of life have surprised you the most?  Explain.

How rapidly the symptoms of the aging process have occurred!

4.  Why do you live where you live?

Refer to previous answer.  At the encouragement of our children, we decided it was time to live near one of them.  With son in the harsh winters, and daughter in the harsh summers, we chose the latter.  Therefore, Plano, Texas has become our new home and we know it was all in God's plan and time.  We love it here.  Besides, there is a direct flight to son's anytime we want to be there.

5.  A memory from this week that made you smile?

We had our Great-Grandbaby Gender Reveal this past Saturday.  There were smiles everywhere!



Even Samson was part of the celebration.


The mothers could hardly wait to know what to start buying.


And neither could we.


Even the Mom and Dad awaited with eager anticipation.



IT'S A BOY!



Chandler is still in a bit of shock but Brad was ecstatic.
We cannot wait to meet Landon Vincent in April, 2022!

Insert your own random thought here.

Before the weekend was over, we celebrated our youngest's 15th birthday.



Later this week I will be making a road trip to spend a few days with my two sweet sisters in South Louisiana, as well as visit one of my dearest and long-time friends.  Charlene and Jim were college friends of Dick's, and the Lord put us all together in 1969.  We still miss our Jim, but I don't ever want to miss an opportunity to see Charlene whenever I can.  Time is short!


Happy Fall Ya’ll


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

15 comments:

  1. Well, my goodness, I had NO idea about your bout with polio. Wow! I'm so thrilled y'all are so happy there in Plano and how exciting for a Great Gran. Safe travels to see your sisters and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The View is the worst! A bunch of self-entitled blowhards. I can't stand those ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't beat a direct flight! Congratulations on your little Great Grandson who will enter the world soon. Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your little 'bundle of joy' that will be arriving in April! I can't stand The View. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, can't fathom sitting and watching The View -- without wanting to blow the TV screen to smithereens, that is. LOVE the 'big brother' scarf ... what a happy time! I'm guessing he and little Landon Vincent will become best friends forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you know I'm a fan of sweet baby boys! So excited for you all! We never have the TV on during the day here either. I love a quiet house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed all your answers. Congrats on the new great grandbaby. It would be hard to decide what to do if both our girls lived in different towns, but unless we were retired, I can't see us moving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new great grandbaby! It looks like y'all had a lovely reveal party and a fun birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Libby, I just don't see the aging thing on you!! Beautiful pics. I really wish you had moved to Plano long before you did!! And your answers to the resiliency question was on target. Plus, I never knew that about your experience with polio!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't care for any daytime TV either. Your are definitely resilient. Sorry to hear about the polio. LOL...we need to stay away from the mirrors. The baby is so exciting. Love the photos. Congratulation! Happy Birthday to your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty cards Angela, the colours are so lovely! - Ann ��

    Beauty Trend In 2022

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.