Sunday, October 31, 2021

Falling for Fall


YES!  Fall has finally arrived in North Central Texas.  And, so did our new patio, but more on that later.

Along with cooler and windier weather, came a busted pipe connected to our hot-water heater.  Of course, you know that means no hot water until a plumber can get here to find the leak, possibly dig a hole to China in the tile floor of the utility room, and charge us the price of a new car.

More on that later too when I can think about it without twitching.


Since it is Fall and that is my favorite season, I will show you some happy little vignettes of color in my house that currently has no hot water.  Perhaps I've already mentioned that?


As Fall is the only season I particularly decorate for, I take advantage of every available space, but especially the fireplace mantel.  After all, that is usually the focal point of the room.

I started collecting glass pumpkins several years ago.  Here I have combined some of the smaller ones with a few velvets and sequined fruit into a cornucopia effect.


Items such as metal, leather and old books speak of Fall and also are objects I love to look at.


One end of the credenza holds more fall color and a rather new pumpkin that I discovered at a Dallas estate sale.


Layering is a favorite decorating hint and I have chosen to use several pieces of white pottery to lighten the darker Fall colors in the room.


The round dining table is centered with this artificial arrangement that continues the color theme and provides lovely candlelight in the evenings.


The front door, which remains open most of the day, (we have an outside glass door that provides security and light) is bedecked with this dried eucalyptus wreath that we enjoy from inside.


The sunroom is always on display and where we spend a good bit our time.
 
(Artist information:  James Conner)


These colors speak to my Autumn soul and bring comfort to me. The weight of the plaid throw is perfect on these early fall mornings.


This living room end table display is another mix of white and orange fall-themed items.  The plate was a gift from a good friend and the pumpkin is a candle made by my granddaughter, Cassidy.

Again, notice the layering and how placing a small item on a larger one elevates its importance.


The light walls of our home allow us to bring in patterns and colors as accessories that bring us joy.


And just so you know, no home is completely accessorized for Fall without this mixture.



Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your water heater. You're decorations are so beautiful. It looks warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.