Wednesday, September 29, 2021

A High Quality Escapade Part 2

As there is no Wednesday Hodgepodge this week, why don't we take another fun visual escapade.  Sounds good to me.

First of all, you must see this picture of Granddaughter Savannah and her unconditional love partner, Skye.


This is just about the most adored dog in the whole wide world, and she not only revels in it but returns it.


One day last week friend Margaret and I had lunch with a group of ladies from our Village, then had time to kill before meeting our husbands for a movie.  And, by the way, if you haven't seen "Show Me the Father" you must.


Just so you know, this place is the only business that warrants my driving on the North Dallas Toll Road.

IBB is the most amazing home furnishing store and I could literally live in every vignette.

The owner and designer, Beth Rafferty met us at the door, welcoming us and insisting we make ourselves at home and to take all the pictures I wanted.  They truly are the most friendly staff of designers and made us feel like we might actually belong in such a place.

Just feast your eyes on all this beauty and I will only interrupt when I feel it necessary.





The artwork alone is worth going to see.  You know how I love abstracts and these are some of the prettiest I've seen.



The silk grass cloth on the walls in this set-up along with the silk drapes were so elegant.  Notice the lamp.





Not every painting has to be hung and it can have another layered over it.  I love the composition this creates.

Following are some examples of how one can bring touches of Fall into a room.


The minute we saw this arrangement Margaret said, "Oh Libby, you could live here!"  And yes, she was right.

Perhaps you would prefer a few fall touches without going overboard like I prefer doing.


You may want to switch out some of your art work to bring more warm colors for this cozy season.




One single chair, or a few pillows and a colorful throw may give you all the color you want.  Don't forget faux fur pillows, throws or toppers for the bed.


Orange will warm up an otherwise cool blue room with just a few minor pieces.


Designer Kay Lewis (right) let us browse then took us behind the scenes into "Wonder Land."  Here are hundreds of square feet holding accessories of every size, shape and description.


She explained that they do many, many model homes, but their main business is guiding homeowners in remaking their living spaces.  In this area are what they call "white rooms" where a designer will set up a space exactly as it is in someone's home and design it to meet the homeowner's specifications.  Once the client sees it, they are able to tweak and make changes directly from the warehouse.  Wa La, it's done and ready to be moved and set up exactly as planned.


Another service they offer is in-home design consultation and space planning.  After meeting with a client, they will take all selected items into the home for the client to live with for a while.  If not pleased, they will make what changes are needed.


Kay explained that they only order a pair of chairs for instance and no duplicates, so one is not likely to see their furniture in someone else's house.


This section is filled with row after row of all kinds of fabric for window coverings, and upholstery to meet any desire and taste preference.  They also provide customized plantation shutters and motorized shades.  In fact, there is very little in high quality home furnishings that they don't provide.


And oh my, my favorite accessory, the throw pillow!


If you happen to be needing a little home furnishing escapade, then come to IBB in Frisco, Texas.  It will bring refreshment to your soul.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. Well, again, what fun this would be and just imaging. I can't imagine living somewhere where so much is at your fingertips. So happy you all are enjoying living there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite places! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of your granddaughter and Skye. I haven't heard of that movie but I will definitely when I can. Looks like a lovely store. So many beautiful things. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.