Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Apples & Aging on the Hodgepodge

It's another gorgeous day in the Plano oven and perfect for staying inside and answering a few questions.

Click Joyce's Link Here to either join in or see how others answered.

1. As we begin this brand new month tell us, on a scale of 1-10, where does your life fall in terms of being in 'apple pie order'? Please elaborate. (1=nowhere near it, 10=practically perfect in every way)



Because I am a bit Type A, things pretty much stay in "Apple Pie Order" in my house.  Now, outside where things can be a much less controlled environment, it can be somewhat off kilter, so let's level it out with a 7.


We still don't have our patio started so that would be a 2; however, we got news this week that would put us over a 10.  My family and friends in N.O and Baton Rouge area were spared harm from Hurricane Ida, so that's a Big 9 because many were not spared.  Considering everything, I'm sticking with a 7.


2. An apple a day keeps the doctor away...are you doing your part?




If this unopened box counts as doing my part, then yes, I am.

 

Red or green?   RED and SWEET!


Ever played the game Apples to Apples?   Yes


Do you like apple pie? If so, ala mode or just gimme the pie?


Yes and definitely warm and ala mode!


 3. Tell us about a time recently where you 'upset the apple cart' or the last time someone 'upset your apple cart'? 


I may be upsetting someone's apple cart a little bit regarding the HOA Board issues for which I am responsible, but nothing that can't be fixed.


4. What are three words that come to mind when you think of September?


Busy, Birthday #81, Anniversary #56

 

5. What are you most looking forward to this month?


There are so many things happening this month that I am looking forward to.


  • Indiana grandson and his wife coming Labor Day weekend
  • Dick celebrates his 81st birthday on the 2nd
  • We celebrate 56 years together on the 4th
  • Dick has 2nd cataract surgery - 1st went great
  • Dinners out with numerous friends
  • New HOA Board Members revealed - I may be out
  • Ladies Bible Study begins
  • Senior Adult Hymn Sing at church
  • Dick performing the wedding of two 81 year old school friends
  • Ava Grace's performance of "Into The Woods"
  • Cooler temperatures

6. Insert your own random thought here.


We have decided both our social calendar and entertainment  budget may be taking a hard hit this fall.  We have never been so busy since retiring, but isn't that wonderful?


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. I love all of your cute pictures today -- made me smile. I really love the trampoline!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby,

    Thanks for dropping by my place this morning. Let me start off by wishing Dick "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" My daddy turned 83 in July. A round of applauds for 56 years of marriage! What a blessing!! I love knowing there are others who rode through the years to celebrate a long union. My parents celebrated their 61st anniversary last month. They were so young when they got married, 15 and 21. About 18 months after they wed, I came along. I enjoyed reading your responses and all the cartoons. Fun post! Have a wild and wonderful Wednesday, my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby, I love all the humor here today! I think life in Plano is definitely agreeing with you. Happy birthday to your sweetheart and Happy Anniversary to the both of you. Congratulations on keeping it sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really are busy! Hope you're enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my experience the HOA related issues are always upsetting someone's apple cart : ) Happy birthday to your hubs and happy anniversary to you! We have three birthdays in our family this month so lots of celebrating. So glad your family came through the horrible storm okay. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it thrills me so to see you and Dick enjoying life and going and doing so much. What a blessing! So enjoyed your answers and graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear that your family and friends were safe. Yum on the a la mode. Wow, you have a lot of things coming up. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red and sweet apples, yes, yes, yes! Lately I've been having apple slices and peanut butter a few times a week! I have purchased a few different kinds to find my favorites and turns out I like Fuji apples - in the fridge - then sliced and dipped in peanut butter. I just can't get enough of them!

    Your 56th Anniversary?! Now that's an accomplishment! Congratulations! And... Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday and Anniversary! Love your answers. Enjoy your visit with your grandson and his wife. I love the photos you put with your post. Praying the cataract surgery goes well

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.