Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

I am teaming up with Joyce From This Side of the Pond for our regular
Wednesday Hodgepodge.


1. Something you've done recently that required you giving 110% ?

Would an exercise in patience qualify?

2. What task-sport-chore-hobby-activity have you participated in or completed, that if judged, would land you a perfect 10? 


Perfect 10's are just not something I can relate to.  Sorry.


I did manage to complete some paintings recently although none of them would rate even close to perfect.  That being said, I do like them and consider just getting back to painting as a big accomplishment.


"Mountain Top"

"Village Below"

 3. What are ten of your favorite things right now?

a)  Time with Grandchildren:  Our Indiana grandson and his wife flew down to spend Labor Day weekend with their cousins here and we got to be included.


b)  A recently discovered drink:  Rieme Spiced Apple served cold


c)  Watching "Call the Midwife" Series on PBS

d)  Being inside on these Texas hot summer days

e)  My own private water aerobics at 6 a.m. at the clubhouse pool

f)  Beginning a study of Revelations on Wednesday nights at church

g)  Early mornings in my sunroom with a big cup of hot Mystic Chia tea

h)  Listening to XM Escape on Alexa during the day

i)  Being right where God wants us to be

4. Nine times out of ten I drink flavored water rather than plain 


5. Where were you when the world stopped turning, twenty years ago this week?


We lived in Bastrop, La. and I worked at the local Technical College.  I was at work the morning of 9/11/2001, and watched on a co-worker's small office TV as the 2nd plane hit the tower.  It was and still is incomprehensible.


6. Insert your own random thought here.



When did our youngest granddaughter get old enough for this?  9th grade got here much too soon.  I wish we were able to assure these young people that they would never experience a "world stopping day," but I don't think we can.



This was made and given to us by Granddaughter #2 and I wish you could smell it.  It smells as nice as it is pretty.  She is doing such a great job with her new "Cups & Candles" business.

Hopefully Fall is around the corner.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. yes, patience definitely counts! Loved your photos and your list of 10 favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience for sure counts! I just preordered two books on Revelation and really want to dig in this year. Is your pastor leading the study you're doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revelation is definitely the book to study this year! So many major things happening in the world right now.

    Your paintings are beautiful. I love the colors, all the different brush strokes... I could look at them all day!

    And the tea cup candle! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your answers. How fun to have a cousin weekend. Love hearing about cousins who stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness, which granddaughter is doing the "Cups and Candles?" You know I love that! Can't believe you just up and did those paintings so quickly. I'm impressed for sure. Love the Grans pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I think exercise patience counts. Your painting are beautiful. I love Call the Midwife. I usually flavor my water with lemon. Love your random with Ava. That is a pretty candle. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.