Monday, September 23, 2019

How to Live with Animal Prints


Animal prints are everywhere this fall.  You can't open a catalog or enter a shop without being bombarded with them in all shapes, colors and sizes.

I think we are either turned on or off by them.

Are you one who has resisted getting too involved with animal prints?

Or, are have you openly embraced this fashion and filled your closet with leopard, zebra and spots?

I resisted just about all forms until last year when I found a pair of stretch jeans I didn't think I could do without.


Kinda to my surprise, I have enjoyed them and even carried them over into this fall with a different option.


When I introduced them to you last fall in a series on seasonal transition outfits, I primarily teamed them with this wonderful long white shirt and Croc flip flops.  I have also worn a brown tunic and a black tee with these pants.  Sorry no pics of those.

While shopping in a Chico's Outlet store in Illinois last spring, I found a top I thought would give a totally different look.



The touch of red glitter at the top is fun and on this day, I added a red beaded necklace and earrings.  I think it's cute.


Per my philosophy to not buy any clothing item that can't be worn at least three different ways, this top has been worn with black, tan and red jeans.


This fall, I have added a couple more pieces of animal prints to my wardrobe and I will be showing them to you in the next day or so.

So how do you wear your spots?

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. The Chico's top is beautiful! I can see the top worn with all the pieces you mentioned. Good thinking, good shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top looks like it was made to go with those pants. I LOVE animal prints and have several tops, not fond of animal print pants or I haven't been yet. That is subject to change for sure. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely in them. I have not embraced them but I do like seeing them on people.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.