Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Writing Autumn In My House


"Autumn writes her own poetry, we are merely observers."
Terri Guillemets


As we were expecting several out-of-town guests last week, I put out a few fall items to hopefully take our attention away from the 100 degree temperatures.



The two small pillows were Tuesday Morning finds a couple years ago.  The one in the middle came from At Home and I like the way it ties in the fall colors without being an overload.


My large square copper tray holds an assortment of glittered fruit and pumpkins.



Again, it says "Autumn" without being too much in the orange family and ties in with the other colors throughout my house.



The mantle is a simple composition of color.


I used decorative pics in an existing green arrangement and topped it off with a couple glamorous velvet pumpkins.


My sweet husband brought in a fresh bouquet of golden alstroemeria and it just seemed perfect in this beautiful vase. 


Because I am such a stickler for a continuity of color, I love the way this little antique vase repeats all the colors in the room.


And these candles and candle stands carry out the color scheme as well and balance the flowers on the opposite end.



This side table is the perfect place to show off my small amber glass pumpkins.



The candles inside this metal mesh pumpkin are on a timer and add such a nice glow in the evenings.


The foyer adds a bright spot to entering guests as it is bedecked with an assortment of white fruit items.


The carrot-munching bunny adds a touch of whimsy from his decorative perch.


This beautiful little plate completes the fruit and pumpkin theme in the rest of the house.  It makes me happy!


The side entry also contains touches of fall to welcome our guests.




The front porch wasn't forgotten either.  

Have you already brought touches of Autumn to your home?

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful autumn decor that you have placed in your home. I love your collection of pumpkins and the amber ones pull at my heartstrings. I know your guest were delighted with all of the autumnal beauty. I haven’t placed anything autumn in my home...I must get busy! I so enjoyed my visit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so lovely. I've put my touches out also, now if the weather will just cooperate, all will be well. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So festive! Looks like you are ready for Fall...now if only our temps would cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations looks so beautiful. Nice touch to your already gorgeous home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Fall is my favorite, so fall decor is also a favorite. I love your pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.