Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Living with Leopard


This weekend I had a chance to walk through the Dillards Department Store in a neighboring town.  I felt like I was embarking on a safari.  In every direction there were leopard, zebra, tiger, or snake – prints.

There were options from tops, jackets, cardigans, skirts, dresses and even evening gowns.  And, this doesn't include the shoes.





Do any of these strike your fancy?

Animal prints don't have to be the typical black/brown/white colors either.

NIC+ZOE Animal Print Jacket, Main, color, MULTI

This deep purple conservative animal print jacket is a good choice.


STAND STUDIO Fanny Gradient Leopard Print Faux Fur Coat, Main, color, GREEN

Then again, you may prefer to really venture out with something really colorful.


This weekend, I saw a good friend who is one of the most striking women and classic dressers I know, wearing the most tasteful animal print outfit I've seen.  I wish I could show it to you, but a funeral is not the best place to say, "Would you stand there a minute while I get your picture?"

Instead, I will show you one of my new pieces that is simple and fits into my relaxed style.


This cute animal print layer top came from our local Chicos and can be found at this link.  



The sandals are Vaneli and were purchased at Marmi's in Dallas to wear with a gown for my granddaughter's wedding four years ago.  They are a versatile shoe that can dress up or down.


This top is of soft knit and maxes out the word comfort.



Here I paired it with light tan stretch pants and a very simple beaded necklace.  Imagine this cute top with jeans and a vest for a more casual look.



Now, to take it up a notch.



This soft flowing jacket dresses up this otherwise casual top.


Add some gold jewelry and you are ready for a special day or evening occasion.

Tomorrow, I will show you one more top that I feel sure will be another fall staple in my closet.

If you missed yesterday's post, click HERE!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

2 comments:

  1. All so lovely and you wear them well. I so need to maximize my closet. I always end up wearing the same things together. I bet I could make 500 different outfits with the clothes in my closet. Shame on me! You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning, Elizabeth!! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.