Saturday, February 16, 2019

Be My Valentine Saturday 9


Thank you Samantha for hosting this Saturday 9 Valentine edition.

Click HERE to join in on answering this week's questions.






Saturday 9: Valentine (1993)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

I am not a huge Willie Nelson fan, but I do like this sweet song.


This song was specially chosen for the Saturday 9 closest to Valentine's Day.

1) This is a love song written by Willie Nelson for his young son. Have you sent any Valentines this year to someone you love who isn't a romantic partner? 

I did text message some Valentine gifs to special friends and family members.

2) Today that little boy, Lukas, is a singer/songwriter who wrote eight of the songs for the 2018 A Star Is Born soundtrack. Have you seen the Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga big screen romance?

No I haven't and probably won't.

3) On Valentine's Day in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell patented the first telephone. Who did you most recently speak to on the phone? 

I had a most enjoyable long phone conversation with my son yesterday and I wished my youngest granddaughter a Happy Valentine's Day on Thursday evening.

4) Penicillin was also introduced on Valentine's Day (in 1929). When you get a shot, do you look away when the needle touches your skin?

Yes, I probably do even though I'm not fearful of needles or getting shots.  It's just not something that I particularly am interested in watching.

5) According to legend, a gift of red roses signifies love and romance. When did you last purchase flowers or plants? Did you buy them for yourself, or someone else?

I bought a small orchid plant for my youngest sister's birthday in January.

6) This week's artist, Willie Nelson, can trace his family tree back to the Revolutionary War. Captain John Nelson served with the Minutemen back in 1776. If you could go back in time to witness any great moment in American history, which would you choose?

I too can trace my family tree back to the Revolutionary War.


There have been so many great moments in the history of our great nation, but I think I would love to have been part of the ticker tape parade in New York City on January 12, 1946.  This was an amazing celebration of the victorious ending of World War II.

For our country to have won the wars on opposite sides of the world and against two formidable foes, being there to experience the celebration and to honor our soldiers must have been a
once in a life time experience.

7) Before he became a musical success, Willie was a door-to-door salesman, peddling first Bibles, then vacuum cleaners. INC magazine tells us that the traits of successful salespeople include resilience and good listening skills. Do you think you'd make a good sales person?

Not at all.  But, I am a good listener and am pretty resilient.  I tried working in retail sales for a short time and have had a couple home based businesses, but a sales person I am not.

8) In 1993, when this song came out, Saved by the Bell aired its series finale. Crazy Sam likes to tease her brother because he once admitted to her that he has seen all 86 episodes of this teen sitcom. Is there a show that you believe you've seen every episode?

With being able to record shows and watch them at your convenience, it is so much easier to see every episode of favorite TV shows; however I'm not sure I can say we have done that.

9) Random question -- We're having milkshakes! What's your favorite flavor?


Chocolate!
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. I love that we can DVR shows and watch later... .and now with Netflix and Hulu... if I want I can binge watch shows. Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An orchid in January must have been a lovely present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Chocolate milkshakes are hard to beat! My mom makes great homemade ones. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate! Yes! I have my favorite shows on DVDs. Old fashioned, I know. (I also have some on VHS but nothing to play them on now.)

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.