Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Sweetheart of a Wednesday Medley


While I've been away, we experienced the weather phenomenon of 2019 -

THE POLAR VORTEX!

And I have the shirt to prove it.  Well, that may be a stretch but I do have the memories and pictures to prove it.  I will be sharing about our trip in the days ahead, but this is what a -22 degrees/ -51 windchill looked like in Granger, IN.



             Thank you Terri for giving us the questions to answer and the means to join other bloggers every Wednesday.

Click HERE to read what the others had to say.



Valentine's Day - February 14

1.  I think St. Valentine's Day is for everyone, whether you have a romantic love interest or not.  I received a Valentine card from my sister (thank you Patti!) - case in point.  It is all about LOVE, not just romantic love.  What are your traditions for celebrating Valentine's Day?
We have no Valentine traditions.  If one of us thinks about it early enough, and I now have no excuse, we might buy the other a card.  Dick is pretty good about bringing me flowers all year round, so that's not a biggie on this special day, and we don't do the confectionery part either.
2.  When you were in elementary school, did you decorate a shoe box and deliver those little valentines to all your classmates?   Perhaps in Sunday School?

Oh yes, that was one of my most favorite things to do.  I loved being able to create my own masterpiece.  For school, we had to buy those little sheets of valentine cards and I loved going through them and selecting the ones for special friends.  I remember when we could finally bump up the size a bit, but by then, it wasn't nearly as much fun for some reason.  In Sunday School we always made something special for our parents.  I also recall getting these precious handmade things from my own children.
3.  Do you enjoy playing Cupid?  Have you ever introduced a couple who really clicked?
Only once and it definitely clicked.  Glen and Rhonda were some of our favorite young adults in our church and we just knew they would be a great couple, so we invited them for dinner at our house one night.  Evidently, they and the Lord thought so too because they will soon be married for 40 years.
4.  Which traditional Valentine's Day gift would you rather receive:  Chocolate, flowers, or a card with a personal message?

I never tire of pretty flowers, but I also love the cards Dick picks out and he usually adds a sweet little message.
5.  What is the best movie to watch on Valentine's Day?


Without question, the very best movie of all time and for any occasion, "SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE!"
6.  Tell us something random about your week!
I have really been under the weather these past several days and haven't had the energy or want-to to do anything other than lay around.  I'm not even sure where I found the energy to sneeze and cough my head off.  But, I am better and think I will live.

While we were away and I was comatose, the mound of year-end tax info has grown expeditionally, and I couldn't put off dealing with it any longer.  So, yesterday afternoon after a much needed pedicure, I tackled it all and have it just about ready.  All I need to do now is my Mary Kay and it will be ready for our CPA next week.

Tomorrow, one of ladies in our Sunday School class is hosting a Valentine Salad Luncheon at her new lovely home.  I can't wait to see it and to enjoy sweet fellowship with those ladies.

While we're partying, the men folk will eat at a local Mexican restaurant.  Not to be outdone!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU AND YOURS!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

11 comments:

  1. A Valentine Salad Luncheon with the ladies sounds like a nice time. We've had plenty of snow here. I'm over it! Like you, I enjoyed picking out Valentines for school when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are feeling better, so many people have the flu around our area. What a special treat to see a new home and fellowship with Christian sisters. Wishing you a most lovely Valentine’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Polar Vortex experience must have really been something! I could tell you were enjoying it immensely from your facebook posts. Glad you are feeling better...there has been a lot of sickness all around and somehow have managed to escape it so far! That's that last thing I need, right? Have a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope you can get over that cold. We had it and the coughing went on for over a month! Now I see what your favorite movie is. I'll have to watch that again. Aren't you glad you could leave that snow and cold behind! Lol When it was -23 in Indiana it was -35 where we live. Fortunately that was one day, and although it gets to -20, it's not for too much of the winter, just a short stretch. My skiing friends are very happy with all this snow. Have a lovely Valentine's Day. Maybe you should play Cupid more often!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glen and Rhonda will soon celebrate 40 years but it was still a good match and one that stuck. I had forgotten that y’all played Cupid. How fun! Sorry you e been under the weather but glad you can go enjoy the laities lunch. We’re on road to Ok this morning. Valentine hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ladies luncheon sounds wonderful! What a great idea for Valentines Day! Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snow pics on Facebook were so good. I enjoyed them all. But brrrrrrr! That is some kind of cold you experienced up there. I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling well, but hoping you’re really on the mend. The ladies luncheon will be fun, so go and enjoy. And congratulations on the match you made! 50 years! I guess it did work out! Taxes! I’m ready for the tax man, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my... Joe and I have been dealing with this nasty cold and blowing and coughing for three weeks now! Just awful! Hope you get over yours soon! I LOVE "Sleepless in Seattle"! Such a good movie! Thanks for joining the Medley today!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love flowers too! They are so cheery and pretty...and they smell amazing!
    I am glad you are starting to feel better! Loved your answers! Happy Valentine's Day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job on the matchmaking! I've only done it once myself and I hope my match is as successful as yours. There's a good chance it will be since they've been married over 20 years at this point. Have a nice day tomorrow even though it isn't a big deal to you!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.