Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Wellness Wednesday #5



If you have been following me for very long, then you know that one of the best ways I can feed my mind with the good, clean, pure, powerful and positive is by spending time with our family.


FIRST THINGS FIRST!

Forty nine years ago today this handsome guy made us parents.


John has been God's great gift to us for these 49 years in so many ways.  He is a devoted husband and father, and strives to be the godly man God desires him to be.

We love you, John and wish you a very

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Last weekend, I went back to Dallas to meet Dick on Saturday after his trip to Colorado.  Actually, Friday night was spent watching the live stream of a Rugby game our grandson played in.  It was a big game for the USA Rugby top 30 Collegiate All-American Team that had been selected the previous Sunday.  They had worked hard all week preparing to take on the pro team, Raptors, and competing for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd All-American Teams.

There was a great article published on our Jackson that you might find interesting.


While Jackson was working hard, Granddad and Dad spent the week playing and exploring the area around Denver and enjoying their time together.


This has become my favorite picture of John and Dick.  They had so much fun.


Friday night, the All-Americans humiliated the Raptors 55-10 and Jackson was selected to the 2nd team.  We are so proud of his accomplishments.

Now, back to Western Michigan for his final semester and last year on the Rugby field.


On Saturday night, I got to see Granddaughter, Ava Grace in the final performance of "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" with Dick this time.


She did so well, and I think you can see the personality she put into her part as Susan.


No words to describe this picture.


This was a picture of the whole cast and I just happened to catch this picture of Ava Grace as the girl opened the umbrella next to her.  So cute!


They loved their director, Mr. Black.


And we loved being with our girl for another great performance.

On Sunday afternoon, they had their cast party at a local restaurant and guess who was there.


If you are a Dallas Cowboy fan, then Quarterback Tony Romo needs no introduction.  These girls were ecstatic to see him and he was so sweet to pose with them.

On Monday, I went to Nader's Gallery.  It has been one of the most well respected businesses in our city since 1969, for art, accessories and especially framing.  And, I had never been there.


The wall of art upon entering, is actually a huge wall of frame options.  Unbelievable!

There was so much to see and I will be showing you some of the pretties on Instagram.

But, I want to share with you one of the most amazing pieces of art that I couldn't stop looking at.


This is very large piece and looks like glass.  But, upon closer examination, it appears to have been done in millions of tiny beads.


 One of the employees and I finally decided the canvas must have been painted, then completely covered with crystal sequins and beads and sealed with a clear epoxy or something.  I have never seen anything like it and would have brought it home with me if I had owned a bank.

And, who do you think our handsome man looks like?

That's it for my Wellness Wednesday this week.

I hope you enjoy being well as much as I do.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. What amazing grandchildren you have! It must have been so wonderful to see them use their gifts. Thanks for sharing!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the family photos (It's SO much fun to attend things our grandkids are in, isn't it!) and the resemblance between father and son is just incredible (as I guess it is between my husband and our firstborn also). :-) Have a wonderful Wednesday and happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your handsome son, John. (Diddle diddle dumpling, my son John? just came to mind!) What great pictures and I love all the ones you shared of Dad and Grandad in Colorado and Ava Grace performing. She is just adorable and yes, her personality comes through in all these pics. How cool to meet Tony Romo and kind of him to have his picture made with these kids. What a wonderful weekend you had … again!!! And congratulations to your grandson and best wishes to this school year. Your son and his Dad, I have to say are the lookalikes. Maybe someday they will grow up to be like grandson!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to John! (My own 'little' boy turns 49 in December.)
    What a thrill for Ava Grace and pals to meet Tony Romo! When we lived in West Texas I was quite taken with the Dallas Cowboys and never missed a meet-and-great opportunity.
    That piece of art is sure intriguing. I'm drawing a blank, but hope someone else will venture a guess as to 'he' resembles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that Dick and John had that special time togethter. What a memory! That Ava Grace is so talented and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful time with family! Ava Grace looks like a natural actress!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.