Monday, August 13, 2018

Getting It All Together In Dallas


I came to Dallas to spend a few days with our daughter and family while Dick is having a play time in Denver with our son and grandson, Jackson.  Actually, the big guys are playing but Jackson has been working his tail off on the Rugby field.  And, it paid off.  He has been chosen to be part of the USA Rugby All American Team.  This is such an outstanding honor that it deserves it's own blog post.  So, stay tuned for that.

Our youngest granddaughter, Ava Grace is performing in "The Witch, the Lion and the Wardrobe" put on by the North Dallas Performing Arts.  That too will be another blog story that I can't wait to share with you.

While at last night's performance, I had a chance to actually meet one of my favorite blogger friends for the first time.  That was so special to me and also deserves it's own space and time.

But, the subject for today is.......

On Saturday, Granddaughter #2, Cassidy and I worked together on a "project" she needed to do for her boss.  Before I get into that, let me tell you about what she does and who her boss is.

Cassidy is assistant to a professional beauty and style blogger, Instagramer, YouTuber - Dani Austin.

Another day I want to share with you about a new venture Dani and her husband, Jordan have going.  A tease phrase is "SASSY MAMAS."

But, for this post, I'm focusing on what Cassidy and I did together for her on Saturday.

Before any worthwhile undertaking, there must be food involved.


We went by one of Cassidy's favorite breakfast places, Juice Land for a smoothie and something healthy to eat.

Our project today was to reorganize the pantry and master bathroom in Dani's house.  She and Jordan have only been married a few months and just haven't had the time to get things situated.  Thus, the projects.


This is what greeted us when we entered.  How cute is this.  And these little bags were full of fun makeup things as you can see below.



Isn't this cute?


Contents of Cassidy's bag.


The apartment is just as pretty as it can be.  Dani has covered on her Instagram and blog how she went about decorating the apartment.


When I looked around the kitchen, I suggested we do a bit of reworking in there first.  I wish we had taken some before pictures, but I didn't.  So these are only after we waved our magic wand.


We set up a beverage station and relocated all the things pertaining to that.  I then set up a food preparation area where we put all the spices, cooking dishes, measuring cups, etc.  It just makes sense to have everything one needs for a particular purpose in one area.



We cleared off the counter top and island which gives a much more open and clean space, not only for cooking but for eating as well.  Also, Dani does a lot of her modeling photography in her home, so she needs clean, clear spaces in the background.  We were very pleased with the result.  In fact, I was able to participate in one of the Instagram stories, which was both scary and fun.


We decided the pantry would take more time and storage items than we had, so we moved on up to the bathroom.  Cassidy will take care of the pantry today, and I'm sure it will be displayed on Instagram as well.



Being that Dani promotes various products and brands, she is inundated with free items from these companies.  So, what to do with all that stuff!


First of all we made trips to Bed Bath & Beyond and The Container Store for containers and organizers that we might need.  Cassidy then set about emptying all cabinets and drawers to see what we were dealing with.



She organized the tall cabinets according to use, putting all of the nightly cleansing routine items in one area, etc.  We shuffled these containers around as we felt they fit or were best needed.


We used tons of containers to contain loose items, curling irons, dryers, etc. in the drawers and under sink cabinets.

And this is the final after.


We and thankfully Dani were so pleased with the results.  I feel sure Cassidy will be blogging on this whole process.


We decided we made such a good team that we are going to open our own organizing business between Dallas and Shreveport.  We already have the black/white uniform thing going.  Just kidding.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. Well, what fun was that!!!! You know I'm all about all things organizing but I cannot imagine someone else doing that for me, especially all the items in one's bathroom. I can't wait to hear about meeting a blogger and your other stories. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, what a fantastic weekend for you. The news about your grandson being chosen for All American, your granddaughter Ava Grace in the play, getting to be with Cassidy and organizing that gorgeous apartment! Wow! You weren't kidding about all the make-up! What a terrific job you did! I think Cassidy has inherited from you the gift of organization and detail! And Dani seems to be a sweet person for Cassidy to work with.
    Your grandchildren are beautiful and all of them up to something good! I so enjoyed the chance to meet you and some of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love the last pic of you and Cassidy. Beautiful!

      Delete
  3. What great pictures!! Such a fun time with your granddaughter!! That is a great job for her - so cool!!! Fun to see how the "other half" lives - HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, the apartment is beautiful! So glad you had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were in my old stomping grounds! Big D! Beautiful apartment! I could use some organization over here. Need to embrace the "less is more" concept. Y'all did a great job & had fun while you were at it! Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.