Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Click here to see how others have answered them.
1. March is National Women's History Month. In that vein, who are three women who've been influential in your life? How so?
First would be my mother. She was always the steady spiritual influence in my life, but she also taught me to appreciate beauty and fine things. She demonstrated unconditional love and a love for missions.
Second is my mother's sister - my Aunt Thyra. She encouraged me by example to be a lady and instilled the desire to surround myself with beautiful things, .
Third, Mrs. Charlotte Young was my spiritual mentor when I most needed that in my life.
2. In what ways do you think women have it easier than men?
I don't know that they do.
3. What do you need most right now: faith, love, hope, or peace?
If the Apostle Paul needed more faith, then how much more do I.
4. Do you have a collection? If so, what do you collect and why?
I no longer collect anything as space for storing/displaying is limited in our Garden Home. But, I used to collect gravy boats and white pottery pitchers. I still love my pitcher collection and try to use them in decorating as much as possible.
5. Plaids, checks, polka dots, stripes...your favorite?
You will not find any of these in my house. I don't care for the casual décor style where these would be appropriate. In my wardrobe, there are a few striped shirts.
6. In what way are you the same as your childhood self?
Good question and something I haven't given much thought to. I suppose one would be my sleep pattern. The night was my most creative time as a child, and I would often be up writing, sketching, pretending all by myself. Another would probably be my
stubbornness strong will.
7. You're a contestant on the TV game show Jeopardy. What category will you ace?
None! I am not an ace in any category. The older I get, the more I am aware of this fact.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Are you ready for the 2016 Olympics in Rio? Watching 2012 Olympic gymnast, Gabby Douglas on the balance beam in this video will get you in the mood.