Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Waterfalls To Watery Eyes Hodgepodge

After taking a break from the Hodgepodge last week, it is good to be back among my Wednesday fellow bloggers.  So, come join us for

1. What are two or three expectations you have of yourself?

Realistic expectations?
1.  Consciously or unconsciously, I have always put a good bit of pressure on myself to "be above."  I don't mean better-than, but to just be the best I can be.  I have not often felt I succeeded, but the need/desire/drive is always there.  I'm pretty sure my mother instilled this in us.
2.  To be the wife and mother, grandmother that God desires me to be.  Again, I have not felt very successful at this.
3.  To keep the laundry done, food on the table once in a while and the house presentable.  No pressure there!

2. In what way does your outdoor space need sprucing up this spring?

Hubby and I did a bit of sprucing up outside this past Saturday.  The main things left to do are to plant annuals in the front flower beds and add pot plants to the patio.  I will not be doing quite as much this spring and summer as I did last year.

3. According to this site (Roadtrippers), six of North America's most wondrous waterfalls are-Webster's Falls in Ontario, Upper Whitewater Falls in North Carolina, Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon, Multnomah Falls in Oregon, The Lower Yellowstone Falls, and Niagara.  Have you seen any on the list? Which one on the list would you most like to visit? Prettiest waterfall not on the list that you've seen in person?

We saw the Upper Whitewater Falls in North Carolina many years ago; Have been to the Grand Canyon but did not see a waterfall.  We have seen Niagara and it is truly magnificent.  But, I think one of the prettiest and most majestic was in the Valdez, Alaska National Park.

4. Looking back, what's something you wish you'd done as a teenager?

Been a better student.  Been nicer and more obedient to my parents.  Not taken life so for granted.

5. Ham...yes please or no thank you? If you said yes please which of the following do you like best-baked ham with all the trimmings, a ham and cheese sandwich, prosciutto with melon, a ham biscuit, a bowl of split pea and ham soup, or a slice of pizza topped with ham and pineapple?

Yes, baked ham with all the trimmings, please!

6. Are you typical of your generation? How so?

Yes, I think I am.  We who were born in the early to mid 1940's are between the Great Generation and the Baby Boomers.  We are fiercely patriotic and loyal to our country.  We are also very realistic.  We are practical and hard workers.  We have strong family ties and committed to relationships.  We tend to be more religious and strong in our faith.  We are also a dying breed!

7. April rolls in at the end of the week, and in keeping with that theme...'act the fool', 'nobody's fool' 'a fool's errand', 'could have fooled me'...which foolish idiom most recently applies to you?

Probably "act the fool" will apply to me.  On Thursday, my middle sister and I will join our youngest sister to babysit these adorable twin granddaughters of hers.  I feel sure there will be a lot of acting the fool between the three of us.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Spring has sprung out all over the place here in northwest Louisiana.  The azaleas in our yard have been spectacular this week.
 Since they are short lived, I wanted to enjoy them inside as well.
 
 As a result, I was awakened at 4:15 this morning with an allergy attack - sneezing my head off, swollen and watery eyes.  Yes, the affects of too much pollen, I'm thinking.  So, they may be best enjoyed from afar.

If you haven't seen the conclusion of my "Love Your Home" series, you may enjoy seeing the final post as I featured our home.  OUR HOUSE
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. Your azaleas are gorgeous...pollen is awful here. The twins are adorable and fun acting the fool! Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The azaleas are just stunningly gorgeous!!! but I'll have to say that nothing beats those two little potted cuties there! Have fun babysitting. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those babies are adorable. I wish I had been a better student in high school too! Visiting from the link up. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember seeing a waterfall at the Grand Canyon either. I guess we need to visit again! I think as teenager's we can't help but take life for granted. Have fun baby sitting those two cutie pies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness those azaleas. I wish, I wish, I wish. Great answer on the typical of our generation. That is really true. It's okay to play the fool when adorable babies are involved. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your azaleas deserve a blue ribbon, Libby...STUNNING! Oh, my word...those babies! You and your sisters are going to have a ball. I say, spoil 'em ROTTEN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our azalea's at the old house are blooming like crazy but we are still awaiting ours to be planted here at the new house. The flood set our landscaper behind so it will probably still be another 2-3 weeks before he gets started. We can't wait! Enjoyable post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many photos to comment on in this post! Your flowers are gorgeous! And the falls! I need to see those. And then of course there are those babies : ) Have so much fun acting the fool!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.