Please join us for Wednesday Hodgepodge on Joyce's Blog,
I believe for the Christian there is no such thing as luck. I believe the Lord is sovereign and has a plan for each of His children that doesn't involve chance. Therefore, luck has no place in my life.
2. Not counting your own backyard, what's a favorite green space in your town, city, or state?
In my city, it would be Norton Art Gallery and Gardens. There are 40 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and botanical gardens consisting of walk ways, walking paths between thousands of azaleas, camellias, and other plants. There are bridges over flowing water and reflection pools. Spaced throughout are outdoor sculptures of wildlife. It is a most restful and inspiring place.
3. How do you make your life more complex than it needs to be?
By trying to get ahead of God.
4. I read here the three places you should visit with friends. They are-New York City, Hawaii, and Amsterdam (rent a bike, walk along the canal, visit one of their world class museums). I felt the need to expound on that one. Moving on...Of the three places listed which would you most like to visit with friends? What's one place not on the list you think should be visited with friends?
I will go with Amsterdam. Another trip to the Holy Land with friends would be on the top of my list.
5. What's the last live performance you saw? On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being best) how would you rate it?
It was the Shreveport Symphony. I would rate it as a 9. The Broadway Tenors performed and they were excellent. The symphony is always spectacular. Truly, for a small city, we have the best director and group of musicians to be found anywhere.
6. March 14th is National Potato Chip Day. Are you a fan? Your favorite flavor? Besides potato, what's your favorite chip type of snack?
I am not a big potato chip fan and really don't have a favorite flavor. I much prefer Frito's Corn Chips.
7.What rule is most important in your home?
Being just the two of us, we don't have many rules, but I guess there is an understanding that the man has to always put the potty seat back down.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Speaking of beautiful green space, Ava Grace and I went to the Dallas Arboretum last weekend. It is such a beautiful place. We spent most of our time in the kid's section for obvious reasons, but we did get to see some of the tulips and pretty trees that were in bloom.
And one of the things Ava enjoyed in particular was the photo session for this bride-to-be.