Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Welcome to March in the South



Welcome to the first of March and the Wednesday Hodgepodge, hosted by

1.  Hello March!  Is it coming in like a lion where you live?


With temperatures in the upper 80's and not a cloud in the sky, March is entering more like a happy kitten.

How do you feel when it rains?  Like this happy kitten.  I love bad weather.

2.  What's something you'd like to do differently this week than the last?  Explain.

Last week I concentrated heavily on completing the HOA newsletter that was emailed to all residents today (Tuesday).  This morning I joined the Premier Club at a very nice assisted living facility adjoining our property where I will be able to do water and varied fitness workouts regardless of the weather.  I plan to hit the warm pool early Thursday morning.

3.  March 1st is National Sunkist Citrus Day...do you drink orange juice?  Orange, lemon, line, tangerine, grapefruit...what's your favorite citrus fruit?  A dish you love with a citrus fruit as one of it's key ingredients?

I do not do citrus because of reflux issues but I would gladly share a slice of lemon ice box pie with you.  Most often though, you will find a citrus flavor coming from my diffuser.

4.  What do you consider to be your culture.  Elaborate.

DNA results show that my ethnicity is 59% Scottish; however, all my emigrating ancestors came from England and Wales, ending up in the south and primarily in North Louisiana where land and water were plentiful.  Based on this and where I grew up, South Central Louisiana, I would be considered culturally a Bible-Belt Christian with a smidge of Cajun.  Throw in now some Texas experiences and I think that adds up to be pretty well balanced.

5.  Sum up your February in fifteen words or less.

In with a roar; out with a purr

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


Today, Feb. 28 is our only grandson's 28th birthday.
Happy Birthday, Jackson!


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. I'd guess I have the same percentage of Scots blood as you do. My maternal grandmother could trace both sides of her family all the way back to Scotland, and I'm sure I have some from my other grandparents as well.

    Happy birthday to your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know so many people who love rainy weather but... ick. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie his little boy is! Happy birthday to your grandson! I liked your culture answer. We are enjoying spectacular weather right now too. I know the humidity is coming so I'm really enjoying the warm, but not too warm, weather now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. March came in with a warm sunny day until about 8pm when there was a thundershower. So now i don't know whether it was a lion, a kitten, or a lamb! I limit the amount of citrus I have because of reflux too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet photo of your grandson's family. Cracking up at kitten weather. Glad you got the newsletter behind you and hope you enjoy your swim exercise. Happy March to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your answer to #1. That is very exciting about the club you joined. My husband has had to stop citrus because of reflux also. Happy Birthday to Jackson!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.