Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Let's Party Hodgepodge

My friends and I don't have time to get bored!

Welcome back to this Wednesday Hodgepodge and thank you Joyce for these fun questions.


1.  What do you find is the most boring part of your life at the moment?


I do not have a problem with boredom.  In fact, I never think about using that word.  But to play, I suppose trying to figure out what to eat on a daily bases at this point in our life can be tiring.  But, we're both easy to please in the department, so it's never a big deal.


2.  February 22nd is George Washington's birthday.  You'll find his face on the US $1 bill.  What's the last thing you bought for roughly $1.00?


An egg?  I seriously can't think of anything that even costs $1.00.


3.  Is it ever okay to tell a 'little white lie'?  Explain.


Is it a lie to not say what one believes to be true in order to save another's feelings?  This is an age old question.


We have just finished watching the first season of "Extraordinary Woo Young Woo."  The main character is a lawyer who happens to be autistic.  For her, there is no distinction between true and false, and as a result there can be conflict.  We know lying is wrong; however, for the sake of preserving relationships, etc. I may not say exactly what I think or believe to be true if it will be unkind, harmful or cruel.


4.  What's the last thing you 'chopped'?


Mushrooms


Cherry pie, chocolate covered cherries, a bowl of cherries, cherry vanilla ice cream, maraschino cherries, a cherry lifesaver...your favorite cherry flavored something?


Does anyone remember the Cherry Coke of yesteryear?

I can't tell you the last time I even drank a coke, but have wonderful memories of sitting in a drugstore booth sipping on a refreshing cherry coke as a teenager.


5.  Describe yourself with three words using your first, middle, and last initials.


E - encourager; C - cautious; D - devoted


6.  Insert your own random thought here.


Today, when it reached 88 degrees here in Plano, TX, I couldn't help but remember what exactly two years ago looked like in Northern Indiana.

My granddaughter and I took a road trip into Michigan to see the snowy sights.  I'm glad she was a good driver.


This was the sight she wanted me to see.  I was not disappointed.

To me, there is nothing more beautiful than a snow-covered vista with the sun creating snow crystals.

But, this is perhaps our best news this past week.

We had a FaceTime gender reveal on Saturday and great grandson #3 will be here in August.  Our daughter and son-in-law are thrilled after a household of four girls.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the newest grandbaby! And wow, 88? Even Florida hasn't seen those temps. Well, North Florida anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never think about being bored either. Great gran #3, wow! Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you welcoming another little boy into your family. I love the snow pics and miss seeing some real snow in the winter here. I like the way snow seems to quiet the earth and everything in it down for a minute. It feels like everyone takes a nice deep breath and a slow exhale which we all need from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the news of a new grandson! New babies are indescribable and the anticipation is an event in itself! Those snowy scenes are just gorgeous. It's amazing how a gentle white blanket can change the landscape so drastically. We serve such a creative God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on GG #3! After reading 88*, I'm not going to pout about it being 78* here in Alabama. I love winterscapes, but it's been so long since I used to drive in snow and ice I'd better just sit back and enjoy others' scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the picture at the beginning - not having time to be bored! How fun! Congratulations on another Great-Grand arriving soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great words you chose for yourself. Yes, I remember the original cherry coke, especially the fountain cherry coke where they added the cherry right there. I'll be driving roads like those to Bible Study this morning!! Happy Hodgepodge to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the new grandson coming. Enjoyed your answer from last week. I'm way behind in commenting.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.