Wednesday, February 8, 2023

It's a RED Hodgepodge

Another Wednesday, another Hodgepodge
Thank you Joyce

1.  Something you've done recently that might be considered a labor of love?

I decided to do a monthly HOA newsletter instead of the traditional quarterly.  It is time consuming but something that uses my creativity, computer skills and keeps my mind active.  I will be meeting with some residents tomorrow to brainstorm ideas for making the newsletter as beneficial to the village as possible.  It is a labor of love, but making a contribution is also fulfilling.

2.  What's one thing you love about being the age you are now?

Being two years away from 80, I value every single day.  But also, being this age, I am more and more aware that this isn't my home.

I value friendships; I can get away with forgetfulness; l love deeper; I've lived long enough to have great-grandchildren; I'm grateful for the small things; I've seen good and I've seen ugly and know my Lord is in control of it all. 

3.  What do you value more:  careful planning or the freedom to be spontaneous?  Elaborate.

Most definitely careful planning.  We are busier than we have ever been, and actually keep a paper calendar these days.  There must be careful planning in order to fit in all the spontaneous things we want to do.

4.  A home cooked meal or a fancy restaurant?  pink or red?  watch the sunrise or watch the sunset?  wine and cheese or champagne and chocolate?

Home cooked meal
RED
Sunrise through my sunroom windows/sunsets on Randy & Cele's porch
Cheese and Chocolate
(I know I fudged (no pun intended) a bit on that last one)

5.  What's your definition of romance?  Are you a 'romantic'?

Tenderness, love and respect; Words of affirmation; Fresh flowers; Holding hands; Time spent together; Being heard.

I am not a 'romantic' at heart, unfortunately for my husband, but I do respond to it well.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


I finished Season 5 of "The Crown" and have easily come to the conclusion that the Monarchy is not to be envied but pitied.


Watching "The Chosen" has opened my eyes to new possibilities of how the story of Jesus might have happened rather than the limited images I've created in my mind all these years.  It's been refreshing.

We need another good, wholesome, dramatic, thriller, suspense series to watch.  Any suggestions?


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. We have a monthly newsletter here which helps everyone keep up with activities happening. We also have some helpful info shared, it varies from month to month, but boating, gardening, hiking, home building (as we're not 100% built out) are some of the topics. You will do a great job I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sentence is brilliant - "There must be careful planning in order to fit in all the spontaneous things we want to do." Yes! I totally agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you cheated, I did too because I said cheese and chocolate too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you doing the newsletter monthly! That sounds like a big job, but if you enjoy it and the community appreciates it, it is worth it. Visiting from WH#10

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that most residents will appreciate a monthly newsletter. Good for you. My thoughts are similar about careful planning giving space and comfort to the spontaneous. Have a good rest of the week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to catch up on The Crown and yes you're right about the monarchy. There are lots of pluses but there is definitely a negative side to it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My note went away!!! I enjoyed reading your answers. I haven't begun Season 5 of the Crown yet. Hope to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to write our monthly newsletter for M.O.P.S. and I loved doing it. I still have some of them and it's fun going through and looking at them. I loved your thoughts on your #2 answers. My mother in law is the same age as you are and we have these conversations. I haven't watched either the Chosen or The Crown. I hope people give you suggestions on the shows because I could use some good ones to watch. I always liked the Mentalist. It's pretty old, but I felt like it was clean.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.