Wednesday, February 15, 2023

A Bright & Colorful Hodgepodge


Belated Happy Valentines from Jax!

As I write this, it is a cool, very windy day in North Central Texas.  We have gusts upwards of 50 mph, but plenty of gorgeous sunshine.  There is something comforting to me about sitting inside my naturally well lit house, in front of the fireplace, and listening to a whistling, howling wind outside.

Welcome to another Wednesday Hodgepodge that is full of color and interesting, thought provoking questions.


1.  Pantone's color of the year for 2023 is Viva Magenta.  Etsy's color(s) of the year are indigo and honeycomb.  Your thoughts?


I love the way nature combines colors that are complimentary and natural.  This beautiful bird is a prime example.  You will see magenta on the beak and blended in the feathers.  There is indigo on it's head and lower in the feathers alongside shades of honeycomb.  This is a perfect example of color used correctly and it was created by the Creator Himself.

 Would we find any of these three shades in your home or wardrobe?

You will find all three of these colors in some of my paintings throughout my house; however, you will find absolutely NO magenta in my wardrobe, very little indigo but lots of honeycomb.

Is there a room in your house that needs painting this year?  Will you do it yourself or hire out?

There is a need for touchup on baseboards but nothing major.  I keep saying I will get around to doing that, but alas.


2.  Something you had to do recently that could be described 'as exciting as watching paint dry'?

I can't think of anything that boring that I have had to do recently.  I try to avoid that sort of situation if at all possible.

3.  Who would you most like to sit beside on a 10-hour flight?  Tell us why?  Have you ever taken a 10-hour flight?

Without question it would be my hubby.  Who else would let me squeeze his hand until the blood stopped flowing, or let me prop a leg across his, or put up with my fidgeting for 10 hours, and love me through it all.

Yes, we have taken several 10+ hour flights and the above applied to every single one.

4.  What's something you did growing up that would get you into trouble?

Some things we just don't talk about.  But, I did steal a few cigarettes from my dad's packs back in the 50's and for some reason thought I got away with it.

5.  According to Google the top searches in 2022 were - Wordle, election results, Betty White, Queen Elizabeth, Bob Saget, Ukraine, Mega Millions, Powerball numbers, Anne Heche, and Jeffrey Dahmer.

Hmmm...what does this say about us?  How many of these words did you search last year?  What would you guess was your most 'googled' word/phrase/question.

That we are easily bored and require entertainment; that we are seekers of information yet basing our focus of interests on mundane things.

My google history would not include any on the list, but would show a mixture of useful, educational and mundane things as well.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


What is happening on the Asbury University campus in Kentucky this week is one of the most amazing outpourings of God's spirit in recent days.  Someone described it as a true spiritual revival, "a movement that only God could orchestrate and keep going."  It has now spread to Lee University in TN.  God is moving among our young people.

It started a week ago today and continues to draw people from all over the country.  Oh that more college campuses and churches would seek such a revival.  A spiritual awakening is the only solution for our own lives and for our country.  Lord, let it begin in me!


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. I bet every kid tried to sneak something and thought no one noticed. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not heard about revival spreading to TN but it's all very exciting to me. I know haters gonna hate and skeptics gonna skeptic but I say bring it on! That bird is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were just reading about the revival this morning. Praying that young people would be moved to carry on the spreading of the Gospel near and far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bird is amazing. I have been trying to keep up with the revival in Kentucky. Did not know it was moving into Tennessee. Bring it on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable valentine photo to start your post! I so agree about the Asbury revival and it's so encouraging to see and hear how young people especially are being impacted! Our former pastor was a student at Asbury during the revival in the 1970s (I'm not sure of the date?) and he spoke about it often and all that God did. We are praying for God's continued outpouring of his power now - Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your random thought. Cute picture of Jax. Enjoyed reading your answers and having you husband sit next to you on the plane. Also sneaking those cigarettes is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that I love natures colors. I also agree that as a society we get easily bored and struggle to find ways to entertain ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.