Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Today is the BIG DAY!


As you read this, our oldest grandchild will be giving birth to our first great-grandchild, a boy named Landon Vincent.  April 6!  Two days before her 29th birthday.  God is so good and faithful!

Now, welcome to this momentous Wednesday Hodgepodge

1.  What puts a spring in your step these days?

At the risk of you tiring of my obsession - it has to be the anticipation of watching our daughter experience the joy of being a grandmother; being part of witnessing the greatest love of a new mom being lavished on her new baby; meeting and spending time with our first great grand.

2.  April 2nd was National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day.  Did you celebrate?  Do you like PB and J?  If so how do you like yours?  What's your favorite kind of jelly?

No, I didn't celebrate, but let it be known it was not because I'm not a PB & J lover.  I like my PB & grape jelly mixed together and piled spread between two slices of bread.  My favorite jelly(s) would be peach and homemade fig preserves.

3.  What's a memory you associate with spring flowers?


A trip to Mackinac Island.  We happened to be there for the Lilac Festival, but all the spring flowers that abound on that amazing island were absolutely spectacular.

4.  Three things on your spring bucket list?  Do have a spring bucket list?  If not pretend you do.

I do not have a spring bucket list, but we are looking forward to our son and daughter-in-love visiting us the first week of May.  I know, I shocked you on that one because you were expecting me to say rocking and loving on a particular baby boy.

5.  One place you will travel this spring?  (It might be Europe or it might be the grocery store)

The second week of May, we will be making a trip back to South Louisiana to see friends and family.  Who knows what else we may decide to do while there.  I'll let you know when we get back.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Chandler posted these gorgeous pre-birth pictures and this post on Tuesday morning, which was her last day in the classroom. She can't wait be a full-time mom from here on.


Spending this stormy night reminiscing on all the ways that I have grown throughout this pregnancy as I prepare to be induced tomorrow. Physically, my body has grown to be stretched and pulled in many new and different ways.. but mentally, I have been challenging my mindset to think the best of myself and how I can be the mom I’ve always dreamed of being. Pregnancy is really hard, but the reward of finally being Landon’s mom is worth it a million times over. I’m feeling nervous, overwhelmed, excited, expectant, and just so so grateful. Thank you Jesus for trusting me with this gift!
I can’t wait to see your face, Landon


You can look forward to a Hodgepodge dedicated to Baby Landon next week.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting for your family! Those photos of your granddaughter are indeed gorgeous and so celebratory.

    Loved the Mackinac Island photo also. That's a place I would love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an exciting day in your family. Hoping all goes well. Way back in the early 70's I was on Mackinac Island with friends. It is a delightful place to explore. May sounds like it is filled with good times with loved ones. Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all so exciting. Can't wait to see pictures. That's a wonderful memory of flowers. Your May sounds busy. Love your random thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a new baby in the family. How fun. I love the photo of you with the flowers. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.