Wednesday, April 27, 2022

The Value of Values

Welcome to this week's Hodgepodge thanks to our hostess with the mostess questions involving the letter "V", Joyce.


1.  What does the word values mean to you personally?

I believe one's personal values define who that person really is inside; therefore, generally one's behavior on the outside as well.  What one deems of importance, where and how one spends their time and money, with whom and how they exist, what principles govern their lives, are all evidences of where one places their values.

Where did your values come from?

My value system was taught by example from my Christian parents.  It was reinforced on a daily basis.  As an adult Christian, my values continue to be based on the teachings of the Messiah and the Word of God.  My values are based on a Biblical worldview.

What are some of the values that have guided you throughout your life?

Respect for others, honesty, the value of all human life, wisdom, sanctity of marriage, being grounded in my faith, dependability, integrity, etc.

2.  Your favorite vanilla flavored something?

I'm not a vanilla flavored lover of anything actually; however, if Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream has a flavor, then I'm going with that.

3.  What's something you've seen/done recently that you found to be very difficult, very confusing, very helpful, very interesting, or very special.  Elaborate.

I bet you are expecting me to say 'very special' and talk about a great grandson.


I will not disappoint!

'Very helpful' also applies to a session we recently attended at our church on estate planning.  We have learned that our Louisiana wills do not meet all the requirements for Texas.  We have an appointment with a new lawyer next month and in the meantime, I am trying to organize all the information, documents, etc. in one location that our children will need in the event of our deaths.  And that part can be 'very confusing.'

4.  Something you own and love that is violet in color?

Violet is not a color I wear and the only thing I have in my house that is that color is a recent painting.  It is hanging in my guest bedroom for the spring and summer.


5.  Do you have vacation plans on the calendar this summer?  Tell us more.

Our vacation plans revolve around the birth of our 2nd great grandson, expected early July, in Northern Indiana.  So far, that is all we have on our calendar, and I think it may be enough.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Speaking of which, Baby Jax's mommy had her first shower this past weekend.  The paternal grandparents hosted the party and evidently McKenna received so many perfect things for this already Big Boy.



14 weeks to go!


One more thing.


Our granddaughter, Ava Grace performed in the school musical, "The Music Man" this past weekend.  She and all the cast did an amazing job.  Oh my the talent in Prestonwood Academy.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Mom-to-be looks good! I'm excited for you. Your post reminded me we are supposed to make an appt with our lawyer to update our wills and get them filed here in SC. On another note-my daughters went to uni with a girl who does gorgeous paintings, mostly florals although occasionally other subjects. Her instagram is cbrookering, and her website is smart.bio/cbrookering/ You might enjoy seeing what she does. Sometimes on Instagram she'll do a live video and watching the painting come to life is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I own anything with violet in it. I know I don't own any clothing. That is a pretty painting! Do you change out the artwork in your house each season?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Landon is absolutely perfect! Mom-to-be looks so beaming and I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Landon is absolutely adorable and how neat that he will have a little boy cousin his same age. Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New babies are so exciting! Congratulations! I think my favorite vanilla flavored thing is ice cream. Especially soft serve, oh my word! I live by those same values: the word of God and a Biblical worldview. The Lord guides me and directs my steps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and family-filled post!

    We are thinking we need to update our trust. It's been awhile. Thanks for the reminder to take care of these estate things to make things easier for our kids.

    Am I right in thinking that you are the artist who painted that lovely floral picture? I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.