Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Baby Landon on the Hodgepodge

I missed last week's Hodgepodge so it is good to be back.  Yes, I do have pictures to share of our great grandson.

Thank you, Joyce for keeping us going.
1.  What's something you wish you had spent more time doing when you were younger?  Explain.

I wish I had spent more time asking my parents questions and encouraging them to record their memories and experiences.  There are so many things I wonder about now and wish I had been more attentive to while they were still living.  I wish I had appreciated and loved on them more.  Time is so short and we take it so for granted.

2.  Who inspires you to be better.  Tell us how.

Reading the scripture daily inspires me to be better.  Who?  The Holy Spirit's nudging, reminding, convicting also keeps my path straight.  The legacy I want to leave behind to my children, grandchildren and greats, also inspires me to be all that God desires me to be.

3.  Share a money saving tip with us.

Know where your money goes.  The beginning of this year, when inflation and the increased costs of things began to really hit, I started keeping a spreadsheet of everything we spent other than the regular bills every month.  Although we are normally frugal and conscientious about our money, it has been enlightening to see how much we spend on incidentals.

4.  It's National Garlic Day...are you a fan?  Your favorite dish that includes garlic?

Oh yes, I am a huge fan of garlic in recipes.  I really don't know that I have a favorite because I use it in so many things.  We do have a favorite Lemon Garlic Chicken that we love.  I also use it rather heavily on salmon.

5.  Would you describe yourself as decisive or indecisive.  Elaborate.

I am pretty decisive!  Being a first-born, strong-willed female, perhaps gives me an advantage here.  Or perhaps some see it as disadvantage?  I tend to get very impatient when someone doesn't come up with an immediate answer to a question or situation.  Then again, there are times I find it a lot easier to let someone else make the decisions.  D says he gets to decide whether we go to war or not, but it's really not that bad.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


Our baby Landon was born three weeks ago today.  His mother had the smoothest delivery I have ever known of, for which we are so grateful.  He weighed 7.9 and was 19 in. long, and perfect.


One week later he had gained 10 ounces, so is thriving.


We are so in love with this precious baby boy.


Easter was a day to celebrate our Risen Lord and His faithfulness to our family.


We celebrated long-distance with our Indiana family and all are looking forward to the upcoming July birth of their first grandbaby and our 2nd great grandson, Jax.


So stay tuned, there's more to come.




Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. Your new great grandbaby is beautiful! I've never seen a little sweater like he has on!! The pics of your family are great. We agreed on the answer to #1! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family and Landon is adorable! I too wish I had talked more with my parents and found out more about their life. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely family, and now a beautiful baby to add more joy to everyone's lives. So glad to hear all went well with the birth and that he's thriving. He's a handsome little man. Enjoy spoiling him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the new little one. What a cutie. So far the answer to #1 has been a popular answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new little one. What a blessed family. I thought the same answer as you in #1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent answers to the questions today. Absolutely love your Great Grandson. We are finally taking James to meet his great grandmother in Houston. She is 94. Thank you for sharing all of the beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.