Wednesday, March 23, 2022

It's Time on the Hodgepodge

Another Wednesday Hodgepodge by our soon-to-have-3rd-grandson hostess, Joyce.  We will not have the Hodgepodge next week.
  

1.  What's something you never seem to have enough time for?

You know, at this time of my life, I have pretty much the time to do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it.  The problem is the 'want to do' part.

2.  If you could turn back time and relive just one day in your life, which day would you choose and why?

I have never desired to go back and relive any day in the past.  The past is the past.  For the sake of answering this question I will play.

There have been many really good days in my life for which I am forever grateful.  It is impossible to isolate just one, so I will choose two.  Those would be the days I first saw my baby son and daughter; when they were first placed in my arms and I experienced a love I had never known possible.

3.  Something you enjoy making that takes a long time to prepare/cook?

This is a real easy question to answer.  Nothing!  I do not prepare/cook anything that takes a long time.  I prefer to prepare/cook a nutritious meal/dish that can be done with a few steps and in a short amount of time.  The kitchen is not my favorite room in the house.

4.  A time recently where you needed/gave yourself a 'time out'?  How do you do that?

It was more of a 'time away' than 'time out'.  I took a few days off and visited my sisters in South Louisiana.  That is always something to look forward to.

5.  Something you've done recently that you'd describe as a 'good time'?

Last Saturday, I volunteered to work at the Pregnancy Center since they were short-handed.  Seeing women enter undecided about what to do about their unplanned pregnancy, and leave excited to have chosen life after hearing a heartbeat is definitely a 'good time'.

I got to see the nursery for my first great grandboy a few days ago.  He will be here in two weeks!

Sunday morning, I sat by my daughter as we worshipped and got a good hug.

Sunday night, we had a phone call from our son in Northern Indiana to share some news he wants us to pray with him about.

We had a good phone visit with our grandson while he was working on a job in Lafayette, IN, and heard about the preparations they are making for our 2nd great grandson.

Another day this past week we had a lovely Facetime visit with granddaughter #3 and heard about her newest promotion and plans to move to Indianapolis soon.

On Monday, I had one of those long, much needed phone visits with my daughter-in-love.  We discussed all sorts of things you talk about on a catch-up visit.

These sure were all 'good times'!

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

There were 11 confirmed tornados in the Dallas area Monday afternoon and evening with only 1 death.  Praise the Lord!

Thankfully, the touch-downs were not in the metroplex, or the death count would be so much higher.  It was a bit of a scary time as I was texting my daughter and granddaughter as they were huddling in protective spaces in their homes.  There were sirens sounding all around all of us.

My husband was hosting a men's bible study and I just knew I was going to have to share a bathtub with those big guys.  LOL!  I think they were afraid of that too and prayed the storms away.

The storms continue after hitting New Orleans last night.  Praying for all in the path of these storms as they move eastward.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. I had no idea that there were tornadoes that day. Admittedly, I've been steering clear of news lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the heavy rain and wind here in the part of Alabama where I live. I'm glad y'all are ok. I love your list of good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad many were safe during those tornadoes. I very seldom cook/bake anything these days! Helping women at the pregnancy center I bet is rewarding. You had a busy week with some good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the want to do is definitely a problem for me! Love your answer for #2. So glad you went and visited with your sisters. Two weeks, how exciting. I have two friends at bowling that are expecting their first grandchild in about 2 weeks. So glad you were safe. Take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a tornado in our area last night, but we were out of town so missed the scare. Sounds like you've had lots of lovely moments to enjoy lately. I love stories of mommas choosing life. I've read one of the biggest things that will sway someone to opt for that is an ultrasound. I like to give to places that provide that since I know it's a mind-changer. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, I see it every week. Women walk in either undecided or determined to abort and leave with a smile on their face and a picture of their baby in their hand. We have seen over 4 thousand clients so far this year and hundreds of babies saved. It is an amazing ministry.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed your answers. I've never been to louisiana. I did live in Ohio where we had tornados and I remember doing drills at school. THankfully we do not live in a tornado area any longer. That would be scary to have family there. Sounds like you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My "time outs" are always more like "times away". It doesn't even take a lot of time, just a good change of scene!

    Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that would have been quite the memory if you had to share the bathtub with the men's Bible Study group, LOL. We heard about those tornado warnings from friends and family. Glad you were safe as they were, too. I'm with you on the first couple of questions. Time away with sisters would really qualify for a nice time out and away!! Happy Hodgepodge. I'm a bit late and visiting but better late than never! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.